- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
Rode NTG4 Product Description
The Rode NTG4 Shotgun Microphone with Digital Switches is designed for ENG, filmmaking, field recording, sound design, and broadcast applications. The microphone builds upon the success of the company's NTG1 and NTG2 microphones with an updated capsule to deliver broadcast quality sound and digital switching options for versatile field operation.
Designed to be mounted on a boom, a handheld pistol grip, or atop a compact camera for run and gun style filmmaking, the microphone features a super-cardioid directional pickup pattern, a frequency range of 20 to 20,000 Hz, a sensitivity of -32 dB re 1 V/Pa, a dynamic range of 119 dB, a signal to noise-ratio of 78 dB SPL, and a maximum SPL of 135 dB from 48V, 24V, or12V phantom power (4.5 mA current draw).
Along the body of the microphone is a power button with LED indicator as well as three digital switching buttons with LED indicators.
The first button provides a -10 dB pad on the input of the microphone to allow the recording of loud sounds without clipping.
The middle button turns on a 75 Hz high pass filter which is useful for reducing low frequency and infrasonic rumble from HVAC systems indoors or street traffic outdoors from over-powering the recording.
The third button is a high frequency boost. The value of the high frequency boost is in restoring some of the high frequency content that is often lost when a blimp or furry windshield is placed over the microphone. An added benefit is that the high frequency boost switch can help improve the intelligibility of recorded speech, especially useful for filmmaking and broadcast applications.
The microphone comes with an RM5 microphone clip, a foam windshield and a ZP1 pouch.
- Super Cardioid Broadcast Quality Sound
- Low Noise Circuitry
- Condenser Transducer
- Rugged Metal Construction
- On-Board Power Button and LED
- High Frequency Boost Button
- High Pass Filter (Flat or 75 Hz)
- -10 dB PAD Button
- Low Handling Noise
- Designed and Manufactured in Australia
- Acoustic Principle: Line gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 to 20,000 Hz (selectable HPF at 75 Hz)
- Sensitivity: -32 dB re 1V/Pa (25 mV at 94 dB SPL) ± 2 dB at 1,000 Hz.
- Output Impedance: 200 ohm
- Equivalent Noise: 16 dBA SPL (per IEC651)
- Maximum Output: 7 dBu (at 1 kHz, 1% THD into 1 kOhm)
- Dynamic Range: 119 dB (per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 135 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB SPL (per IEC651)
- Output Connection: 3-pin XLR, balanced output between Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-) and Pin 1 (ground)
- Dimensions: 0.87 x 8.86" (22.00 x 225.00 mm)
- Weight: 4.44 oz (126.00 g)
Whats In The Box
- Rode NTG4
- RM5 Microphone Clip
- Foam Windshield
- ZP1 Pouch
- Limited 10-Year Warranty with Online Registration
Rode NTG4 Additional Information
Rode NTG4 Alternative Products
£179.00 Inc VAT