Returns and Replacements
30 Day Return Policy
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in an "as new" condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
- The item should be returned unused, in its original packaging and in a re-sellable condition.
- Any free items that came with your product unused and in a re-sellable condition.
- Any scratches, rips, tears, defacement, loss of accessories, bent instruction manuals or very badly repacked items would result in our rejection of the return.
If the item or the packaging has been handled excessively to assess the goods (ie. more than you would if you were buying it in a shop) we reserve the right to reduce the amount of refund to you.
During the returns process, we might ask for the product serial number or similar, to check the item was actually supplied by us.
Naturally, none of this affects your consumer rights.
No Return/Exchange On
- Software where the item has been unsealed.
- Digitally delivered goods.
- Hardware containing software licences once any of software licence's have been registered.
- Any products built or modified by Music Matter to customer's specifications.
- Special order merchandise.
- Products that are ordered on request of the customer.
- In-ear/canal headphones due to hygienic reasons, unless the product is faulty.
How to return or exchange an item
In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service on 0330 380 1135 Option 2.
- To request an RMA number by email, contact email@example.com
- Music Matter will email you the returns information.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer’s package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box.
- We recommend you ship via an insured postal service with a tracking number.
- Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
What we do when goods are returned
We inspect returned goods to ensure you have taken reasonable care of them during your possession, and everything that we originally sent to you has been returned.
Please note that restocking charges may be applied if goods are not received in as new condition and with appropriate packaging.
Minumum % Charge
- 5% - Outer retail packaging lost, damaged, or defaced.
- 5% - Internal packaging lost, damaged, or defaced.
- 5% - Orignal accessories lost or damaged.
- 5% to 100% - Condition of product damaged, scratched or defaced.
B8 Ribble Court
Red Scar Business Park
When will I be refunded
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase.
Please allow a maximum of 14 days for the refund to be processed upon us receiving the goods, and a further 3 - 5 days for the credit to appear on your statement.
Our 30 day cooling off period does not affect your statutory rights
For more information about your other statutory rights, please visit Adviceguide, a Citizens Advice website at: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/changing-your-mind-about-something-youve-bought/.
Returns for online purchases are covered by the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. You can view the official legislation here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/contents/made
If you need to contact us by post, please write to:
B8 Ribble Court
Red Scar Business Park
Faulty & defective items
Within the first 180 days of your ownership, we'll arrange a return service and deliver them back to you free of charge.
The item will be replaced if the product becomes defective within 30 days of ownership.
The item will be repaired by the manufacturer if the product becomes defective after 30 days of ownership. If the product can't be repaired a replacement will be issued.
After the first 180 days, you're responsible for the cost of returning the item to us. We can reimburse reasonable return costs should you be able to provide independent proof that the fault is attributable to us or the manufacturer.
In the event that your product needs to be sent in for repair, please allow 30 days for your product to be repaired by the manufacturer.
A ‘No Fault Found’ fee up to £14.99 will be charged for any product returned to Music Matter as faulty, which is subsequently tested by Music Matter and found not to be faulty.
Should you require the product back a further £4.99 charge will apply for the return postage.
Any product subsequently found to have not been supplied by Music Matter will be returned to you un-repaired at your cost.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 0330 380 1135 (Option 2).
Since we fulfilled our obligation to attempt the delivery and the consignee refused to accept the item, the item will be returned back to our warehouse at the cost of £20.