Zoom UAC-2 USB 3.0 Audio Converter
Step up to USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer protocol supported by the UAC-2 is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. The result is low latency (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples) for improved performance from your DAW software, and a stable data stream that is unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source. What's more, the extra bus voltage carried by USB 3.0 (900 mA, as opposed to the 500 mA carried by USB 2.0) allows for the use of higher-end electronic components such as the advanced preamps and converters in the UAC-2.
The UAC-2 is one of the most versatile interfaces ever. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in an AC adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad.
AD / DA conversion
The UAC-2 uses high-end components such as the Burr Brown PCM4202 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4396 digital-to-analog converter. In addition, the UAC-2 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the UAC-2 processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
The Ins and Outs
The USB 3.0 connector on the rear panel carries digital signal to and from your computer in addition to providing power to the UAC-2 - no batteries or external power required. Dual front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs allow you to connect a wide variety of microphones as well as line-level signals from electronic keyboards and music players - even passive instruments such as electric guitars and basses.
Dual balanced TRS output jacks enable you to connect the UAC-2 to amplifiers or self-powered speakers, and there's an independent 1/4" stereo headphone jack with dedicated volume control for private monitoring of the input or output signal. The UAC-2 is the first-in-class USB interface that performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion (so that, for example, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the signal is processed at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz, respectively). For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a large Output knob enables fast control over overall output level. A phantom power switch applies +48 volts to the mic inputs, allowing you to use the UAC-2 with studio-quality condenser microphones, and a three-way Direct Monitoring switch enables monitoring of input signal with zero latency in both mono and stereo. MIDI In and Out connectors allow interfacing with devices such as electronic keyboards and drum machines. Last but not least, a Class Compliant Mode switch enables the UAC-2 to be connected to an iPad. (Requires optional power adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit, sold separately.)
- 2-in/2-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples)
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- 1/4" headphone jack with dedicated level control
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Large knob output volume control
- Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- MIDI In and Out
- Compatible with all popular DAW software, including Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and others
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- 120dB of dynamic range
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Bus powered - no AC power required
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
- Works with all USB 2.0 and 3.0-equipped computers and iPads
- Model Name:
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.