Zoom U-22 Handy Audio Interface
The ZOOM U-22 features available Bus Power via USB which makes it ideal for connecting to a laptop or other device with USB output. The U-22 an also be used with an iPad, however it requires 2 AA batteries or AC adapter for power, plus a Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPad.
Low Noise Preamp
The ZOOM U-22 features a high-performance, low-noise mic preamp, which allows for playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use the U-22 as a headphone amp in order to achieve studio-quality audio direct through your headphones.
The U-22 sports XLR/TRS combo input connectivity into which a mic can be plugged, or alternatively a line-level source. Hi-Z support means that you can even connect a guitar or bass. The stereo input also lets you record an iPad or any other portable audio device.
Direct Monitoring Support
The ZOOM U-22 is also equipped with a direct monitoring switch to allow you to hear your signal before it passes through the computer, resulting in zero latency whilst recording or mixing.
Ableton Live Lite Included
A download code for Ableton Live Lite can also be found in the box, so that you have everything you need to start producing, mixing, and monitoring audio. Within Ableton Live Lite, you can find studio-quality effects including EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more.
- Stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Connect to iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB
- Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- XLR/TRS input with high-performance mic preamp
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Approximately 5 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Hi-Z support
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- Gain control knob for Mic/Hi-Z input
- +48V phantom power
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Connector: XLR/TRS combo jack (XLR: 1 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- Input gain: 0 – 43 dB
- Input impedance: 2.6 k Ω (MIC) 484 k Ω (Hi-Z)
- Maximum input level: -0.8 dBu (MIC) /+8.7 dBu (Hi-Z)
- Phantom power: +48V
- ANALOG IN: LINE IN
- Connector: Stereo mini jack
- Input impedance: 22 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +1.0 dBu
- ANALOG OUT: OUTPUT L/R
- Connector: RCA (coaxial)
- Maximum output level: -0.8 dBu (at 0 dBFS) (into 10 kΩ load)
- Output impedance: 1 kΩ
- ANALOG OUT: PHONES
- Connector: Standard stereo phone jack 10 mW x 2 (into 32 Ω load)
- Output impedance: 10 Ω
- Frequency characteristics: At 44.1 kHz: ±1.5dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz - At 96 kHz: ±2 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- Input conversion noise: Measured EIN: -120 dB or less (IHF-A) at 43 dB, 150 Ω input
- Number of audio recording and playback channels: Recording: 2 channels
- Playback: 2 channels
- Sampling frequencies: 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Bit depth: 24-bit
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Power Source: USB bus power (Type B) - Zoom AD-17 (Micro-B) - DC 5V power supply (Micro-B) - 2 AA batteries (About 5 hours continuous operation with phantom power off)
- Power consumption: 5W maximum
- Dimensions: 119.2 mm (D) x 91.8 mm (W) x 44.6 mm (H)
- Weight (main unit only): 151 g
Whats In The Box
- Operation manual
- Ableton Live Lite software download code
- USB Cable
- OS: Windows® 7 SP1 or later / 8.1 / 10 (32bit/64bit)
- CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster (Operation is not guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron or Pentium series or CPUs made by AMD)
- USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0 (Only USB host controllers with Intel Chipsets are supported. Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards)
- OS: Mac® OS X 10.9.5 or later / 10.10 / 10.11
- CPU:Intel® Core i3 or faster
- USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0 (Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards)
- Model Name:
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
Full Refund Within 14 days
Exchange Within 30 days
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.