Zoom R4 Multitrak Portable Multi Track Recorder
Record. Bounce. Repeat.
With the R4, you can record up to four tracks, mix and then bounce them to the dedicated ‘bounce track.’ This lets you free up additional tracks to keep adding layers. You can choose to do a ‘quick’ bounce or mix and bounce in real time. The R4 also allows you to ‘undo’ your last bounce, if you’re not satisfied with the results.
32-Bit Float Recording The R4 captures perfect audio with every take, without the need to set gain.
Combo Inputs The R4 has 2 XLR/TS combo inputs with legendary Zoom preamps. You can plug in microphones, instruments, keyboards, and more.
Track Effects Each track features a 3-band EQ, pan, echo, and reverb to refine your mix.
Input Effects Apply effects to input A such as amp simulations, delays, distortions and more.
Built-In Microphone The R4 features a high-quality built-in microphone, perfect for acoustic guitars, vocals, or capturing a quick reference recording.
Much More Than A Metronome The R4 has a rhythm section preloaded with over 80 different drum patterns to play along with featuring genres such as rock, hip hop, funk, heavy metal, and more.
Every Take Is Saved Tracks that you record are automatically saved individually, even after they have been bounced.
Control and Create With a fader for each track and dedicated hardware buttons for the most used functions, you won’t need to menu dive to record your music.
Powered For Your Ideas The R4 can be powered by 4 AA Batteries, or through its USB-C port.
- 4 Tracks of Recording + Dedicated Bounce Track
- 2 XLR/TRS combo inputs for guitar, bass, keyboards, microphones and more
- Built-in Omnidirectional Microphone
- Dual AD circuitry with 32-bit float recording technology
- Color LCD Display
- Built in effects including EQ, Reverb, Compression, and Guitar effects
- 4 Faders for Volume Control
- USB Audio Interface Function
- Runs on 4 AA batteries or external USB-C battery
- INPUTS / OUTPUTS
- INPUTS Built-in mic (mono) 1
- XLR/TS inputs (mono) 2
- OUTPUT Headphones 1
- XLR/TRS INPUTS Connectors 2 XLR/TRS combo jacks (Balanced, XLR: 2 HOT）
- Input gain No adjustment required (dual A/D converter circuit used)
- Input impedance XLR: 2.3 kΩ
- TS: 1 MΩ
- Maximum input level XLR: +4 dBu
- TS: +10 dBu
- Phantom power +48 V (switchable separately for INPUTS A and B)
- Equivalent input noise XLR: −120 dBu or less (IHF-A)
- TS: −107 dBu or less (IHF-A)
- Frequency response XLR: -0.5 /+0.0 dB : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- TS: -0.2 /+0.0 dB : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- BUILT-IN MIC INPUT Directionality Omnidirectional
- Input gain No adjustment required (dual A/D converter circuit used)
- Maximum sound pressure input 115 dB SPL
- HEADPHONES Connector 1 stereo 3.5mm mini jack
- Output impedance 10 Ω
- Maximum output level 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks 2
- Recording format WAV: 48kHz, 32-bit float, mono
- Recording media Cards compatible with microSDHC specifications 4 GB – 32 GB
- Cards compatible with microSDXC specifications 64 GB – 1 TB
- 2" full-color LCD (240 × 320)
- CONNECTOR USB Type-C
- Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- AUDIO INTERFACE FUNCTION Class USB 2.0 High Speed
- Sampling frequency 48 kHz
- Bit rate 24-bit/32-bit float
- Input / output channels 2 in/2 out
- MASS STORAGE FUNCTION USB2.0 High Speed
- Power supply
- Batteries: 4 AA (alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable NiMH)
- AC adapter: ZOOM AD-17 (5V/1.0A)
- USB bus power is supported.
- Estimated continuous operation time using batteries
- Alkaline batteries: about 7 hours
- NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 6 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 14 hours
- Use conditions: Recording 1 track, playing 1 track, phantom power off, headphones into 32Ω load, power saving on
- The above values are approximate. * Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- Power consumption
- 5 W
- External dimensions
- 74 mm (W) × 138 mm (D) × 36 mm (H)
- Weight (including batteries)
- 287 g
- Note: 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- Model Name:
- R4 Multitrak
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.