Solid State Logic SSL THE BUS+ Bus Compressor
If there is a single piece of analogue processing equipment that is synonymous with SSL, it must be the SSL Bus Compressor. From the very first commercially released SSL 4000 B console in 1976 and through many generations of SSL consoles that have followed, the Bus Compressor has always been the stalwart of the console centre section.
For many of the world’s top engineers and producers, the Bus Compressor continues to be the most relied upon processing tool for making mixes sound bigger and more complete, with drive and energy from adding that legendary SSL glue and punch.
With THE BUS+,Solid State Logic have been on a mission to create the ultimate and most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever. The bedrock of the design remains faithful to the original circuit and using this as the foundation, they’ve built upon it, adding several unique colouration options and advanced processing tools. If you need it to be clean and punchy like the Super AnalogueTM9000 Series version, it can be. If you need it to be gritty and grungy like an early 4000E, it can do that also.Or if you need over-the-top, saturated parallel compression for the drums, THE BUS+ has got you covered.
THE BUS+ circuit design not only utilises high-grade components, such as the 2181 THAT VCAs in the audio path for superior analogue performance, it is also incredibly flexible, offering four modes of operation and 3 distinct compression colouration options that can be combined to perfectly suit the genre you’re working on. As if that wasn’t enough, THE BUS+ features an all-new Dynamic Equaliser, a Transient Expander and comprehensive connectivity and routing options.
THE BUS+ is the ultimate SSL Bus Compressor.
- The ultimate, most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever
- Authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit utilising high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs.
- 4 modes of operation - Classic Stereo, S/C Stereo, Dual Mono or Mid-Side.
- New Attack and Release time constant options - more flexibility to shape the Bus Compressor, including the new 'Auto 2' setting.
- 3 distinct compression colouration options, which can be combined or used individually:
- 4K Mode - single VCA operation with variable harmonic distortion to bring some 'grit' and 'grunge' to the mix.
- LOW THD Mode reduces low-frequency distortion caused by compression, cleaning up the bottom-end.
- F/B Mode alters the compression characteristics for a more 'relaxed' style of compression.
- Outstanding sonic performance and stepped pots designed for mastering and precision processing applications.
- Built-in 2-band Dynamic EQ (D-EQ).
- Transient Expander.
- Configurable processing order - Bus Compressor pre D-EQ (default) or post.
- External side-chain inputs and sends.
- Variable side-chain High-Pass Filter control up to 300 Hz in 10 Hz steps.
- Mix control for instant parallel compression.
- Model Name:
- SSL THE BUS+
- Solid State Logic
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.