Sequential Prophet 10 Legendary 10-voice Analog Poly Synth
Frequently bought together
The Return of a Legend
The new Prophet-10 is Dave Smith’s ten-voice version of the analog poly synth that changed the world. It’s “the best of all Prophets” as Dave puts it because it embodies all three revisions of the legendary Prophet-5 synth — Rev1, Rev2, and Rev3 — through the use of genuine Curtis analog VCOs and filters (as in the Rev3) as well as new 2140 low-pass filters designed by Dave Rossum, like the 2040 filters he designed in the original Rev1 and Rev2. A Rev switch lets you choose between the two filter designs.
The result is as pure a renewal of an analog classic as you could wish for, with the authentic, muscular sound of the original and the roadworthiness of a state-of-the-art modern instrument.
Vintage Sound, Vintage Knob
In addition to sourcing genuine Prophet-5 hardware components, we did extensive research into exactly what made the original sound the way it did — warm, organic, and alive. We found that much of this desirable character was due to slight fluctuations and differences in the response times and frequencies of the individual VCOs, filters, envelopes, and amplifiers from voice to voice.
To give the same mojo to the new Prophet-10, we created the Vintage knob. Use it to dial in as much old-school randomness as you’d like. Go from a very stable “4” — as in Prophet-5 Rev4, which is how we refer to the new version in house — all the way to “1,” as in Prophet-5 Rev1, the rarest and most temperamental of all Prophet-5s.
Poly Mod and Enhanced Unison
In addition to the unmistakable tone of its oscillators and filters, much of the classic sound of Prophet-5 was the result of Poly Mod, which is faithfully present here as well. True to the original, modulation sources are Filter Envelope and Oscillator B. Destinations include Oscillator A frequency, Oscillator A pulse width, and low-pass filter. The range of sounds possible defy its simplicity. Another welcome reprise is Unison mode, which now features configurable voice count (1-5 voices) with variable detuning, and chord memory. And now Glide works both in and out of Unison.
Velocity and Aftertouch
Though our mission was to make the new Prophet-5 and Prophet-10 as accurate, authoritative, and true to the original as possible, we couldn’t resist adding a couple of modern enhancements to increase expressiveness: velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. These enable the new Prophet-5 and Prophet-10 to perform in ways the original never could by putting filter sweeps, LFO mod, and volume changes at your fingertips.
Effortless to Program
The purity of the new Prophet’s sound is matched only by its simplicity to program. The knob-per-function front panel gives you instant gratification and immediate access to all sound-shaping controls. Toggling off the Preset button enables live panel mode, where the Prophet-10 switches to the current settings of its knobs and switches. What you see is exactly what you hear. Included are 200 permanent factory programs and 200 rewritable user programs, including the original 40-program sound set from 1978 that found its way onto countless recordings and film soundtracks back in the day and beyond.
The Whole Package
All of this punchy, powerful, analog goodness is housed in a full, five-octave, semi-weighted Fatar keyboard with USB, MIDI, Gate and CV ins/outs, and a premium-quality, steel and hand-oiled, sustainable black walnut heartwood body that make it as satisfying to behold as it is to hear and play.
- Two authentic CEM 3340 VCOs per voice
- Simultaneously selectable wave shapes. Oscillator A: sawtooth, pulse. Oscillator B: sawtooth, triangle, pulse.
- Pulse width per oscillator
- Hard sync: oscillator 1 syncs to oscillator 2
- Low frequency mode (oscillator 2)
- Keyboard tracking on/off (oscillator 2)
- Oscillator 1 amount
- Oscillator 2 amount
- White noise amount
- LOW-PASS FILTER
- Four-pole, resonant, low-pass filter per voice
- Switchable between authentic versions of the Prophet-5 Rev1/2 filter and Prophet-5 Rev3 filter
- Rev1/2 filter is a Dave Rossum-designed 2140, the modern counterpart of the original 2040 filter found in the Prophet-5 Rev1 and Rev2
- Rev3 filter is a Doug Curtis-designed CEM 3320
- Filter can be driven into self-oscillation with the Resonance control
- Keyboard tracking: off, half, full
- FILTER ENVELOPE
- Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
- Velocity modulation of envelope amount
- AMPLIFIER ENVELOPE
- Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
- Velocity modulation of envelope amount
- LOW FREQUENCY OSCILLATOR
- Three wave shapes: sawtooth, triangle, square. All waveshapes can be engaged simultaneously
- Both Initial Amount and mod wheel control
- Mod destinations: oscillator A frequency, oscillator B frequency, oscillator A and B pulse width, filter cutoff
- POLY MOD
- Sources: filter envelope and oscillator B
- Destinations: oscillator A frequency, oscillator A pulse width, filter cutoff
- VINTAGE KNOB
- Recreates the characteristics of various Prophet-5 models by varying the behavior of oscillators, envelopes, amplifiers, and other parameters. Go from a very stable “4” — as in Prophet-5 Rev4, (the new version) — all the way to “1,” as in Prophet-5 Rev1, the rarest and most temperamental of all Prophet-5s.
- Channel (mono) aftertouch
- Destinations: filter cutoff frequency, LFO amount
- PERFORMANCE CONTROLS
- Full-sized, semi-weighted, premium Fatar 5-octave keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- Mod wheel
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel with selectable range per program (1 to 12 semitones up and down)
- Polyphonic glide (portamento)
- Unison (monophonic) mode with configurable voice count, from one to all ten voices and key modes
- Preset switch: when off, the front panel is live; what you see is what you hear
- PATCH MEMORY
- 200 user and 200 factory programs in 5 banks of 40 programs each
- Direct program access, including Prophet 5-style single-button access to the current set of 8 programs
- Mono output (1 x 1/4” phone jack)
- Headphone output (stereo, 1/4” phone jack)
- MIDI in, out, and thru ports
- USB for bidirectional MIDI communication
- Control voltage in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack) 0- +5V input/output signal. Configured for 1-volt-per-octave operation.
- Gate in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack). Accepts a 1.5 to 15-volt on/off signal to gate the envelopes of a single voice on the Prophet-10. Outputs a 15-volt on/off used to gate the envelopes of an external synth.
- Low-pass filter cutoff expression pedal input
- Volume expression pedal input
- Sustain footswitch input
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; 28 watts maximum power consumption
- PHYSICAL SPECS
- 37.5” L x 16.4 W x 4.9″ H (95.25 cm x 41.6 cm x 12.4 cm)
- 31 lbs (14.06 kg)
- Roadworthy all-steel construction with premium black walnut heartwood body and trim
- Model Name:
- Prophet 10
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.