- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
Roland Octa Capture Product Description
Combining ten inputs, ten outputs, and eight VS PREAMPS with transparent 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality, the Roland OCTA-CAPTURE UA-101 sets a new standard for portable USB 2.0 audio interfaces. High-level audio production comes easy with this fusion of premium components, Roland-quality engineering, and proprietary preamp and streaming technology. OCTA-CAPTURE is not only the perfect interface for multi-channel computer-based production, but also a great solution for expanding the I/O capability of the V-STUDIO 700 and V-STUDIO 100. Brimming with quality and performance seldom seen in its price range, OCTA-CAPTURE is the next-generation audio interface.
OCTA CAPTURE boasts eight premium-grade digitally controlled mic preamps (VS PREAMPS), built with the same high-grade components as the preamps in the V-STUDIO 700 and M-400 V-Mixer. Eight XLR inputs are provided for the preamps, plus independent phantom power, low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression for each channel.
Auto Input Level Adjustment
Never before has it been this fast and easy to set perfect input levels — simply activate the AUTO-SENS feature with the push of a button, play your connected instruments, and OCTA-CAPTURE automatically sets the ideal recording level for each input. It’s great for quick, fail-safe audio capture when recording either a fully mic’d drum kit or an entire band.
Extreme Low-Latency Driver
OCTA CAPTURE offers incredible stability and industry-leading low-latency USB performance via Roland’s proprietary VS STREAMING technology. All current Mac and PC DAW platforms are supported through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) drivers. Thanks to VS STREAMING, you can use multiple devices (two OCTACAPTURE units or one OCTA-CAPTURE plus a V-STUDIO 100 or V-STUDIO 700) on the same USB bus without compromising stability, performance, or audio quality.
Four Flexible Monitor Mixes
Beyond traditional audio interfacing, OCTA-CAPTURE offers four independent Direct Mixers for creating software-controlled monitor mixes. Each mix can be routed to any of the analog outputs and can take advantage of the internal 40-bit DSP processing perfect for sending custom monitor mixes to headphones, speakers, or recording devices.
The main features of the Roland Octa Capture include:
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface
- 24-bit/192 kHz performance
- Eight professional-grade VS Preamps
- Each channel providing a combo-XLR input jack, phantom power, low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression
- 1/4" connectors, with Hi-Z instrument inputs on channels 1 and 2
- Balanced TRS inputs on channels 3-8
- Channels 7 and 8 are well suited for high input levels associated with kick drum and snare drum recording
- Additional connectivity includes eight 1/4" TRS output jacks, coaxial S/PDIF I/O, and MIDI I/O
- Auto-Sens - Automatic Preamp Levelling
- Four software-controlled Direct Mixers
- Internal 40-bit DSP engine
- Roland's VS Streaming driver - powerful low-latency performance with 48-sample ASIO buffers (44.1kHz/48kHz)
- DAW platforms are supported via ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) driver versions
- Compatible with Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6
- Used as an expansion I/O unit with Cakewalk’s V-Studio 700 and 100 systems
- Thanks to VS Streaming, multiple devices (two OCTA-CAPTURE units or one OCTA-CAPTURE plus a VS-100 or VS-700) can be used without compromising stability, performance, or audio quality
Roland Octa Capture Additional Information
|Application||Home Studio Recording, Professional Studio Recording|
Roland Octa Capture Alternative Products
£449.00 Inc VAT