Rode NT1 5th Gen (Black) XLR and USB-C Studio Microphone
32-bit float digital output – say goodbye to audio clipping
An absolute game changer; the introduction of 32-bit floating point recording capabilities will change your recording process forever. Utilising cutting-edge technology, Rode has created the first studio recording microphone with a 32-bit float digital output. This innovative digital processing technique matches the dynamic range of the microphone's capsule with your device's A/D converters. No matter what setting you use when you're recording, when using the digital output; you cannot clip your audio.
For instance, you could record a hot signal that peaks above 0.0dB which results in a 'clipped' audio file using NT1's digital output. Once you've recorded your 'clipped' signal, you can reduce the gain of the track or normalise it to restore the signal's integrity, resulting in a clean recording. This groundbreaking technology makes clipping a thing of the past, ensuring you get the best take every single time.
High-resolution A/D conversion with Revolution preamp
At its core, the NT1 utilises a 1-inch gold-sputtered condenser capsule with a cardioid polar pattern that provides an extended frequency response, capturing every nuance of your performance. The capsule also provides exceptionally low self-noise (4dBA) – one of the lowest ever seen in a condenser microphone. It also boasts high sensitivity and high SPL handling meaning you can record everything from foley sounds to drum kits without the fear of distortion or colouration.
To match the high-end capsule, Rode has included the ultra-low noise and high-gain 'Revolution Preamp'. Transparent and detailed, the Revolution preamps allow you to mix and edit your audio signal with confidence, with a staggering 76dB of gain that eliminates the need for a booster and an ultra-low noise level of -131.5dBV.
Dual Connect output (XLR/USB) with onboard DSP processing
Building on the design of previous NT1 microphones, Rode has introduced another new feature for maximum versatility – the 'Dual Connect' output. This unique design couples an XLR connection with a USB-C port, located on the bottom of the microphone so you can plug it directly into your computer or use it with the preamp/audio interface of your choice.
Working in conjunction with the USB-C port, Rode has also introduced onboard DSP for advanced APHEX audio processing. It provides you with a range of high-end effects designed to optimise your sound for various applications. The effects include a compressor, noise gate, high-pass filter, Aural Exciter and Big Bottom effects. The effects can be used for a variety of different applications, for example; using the 'Big Bottom' effect provides the low-end warmth associated with broadcast mics, making it perfect for podcasting and live-streaming.
Complete with shock mount, pop filter and cables
Providing everything you need to get started straight out of the box, the Rode NT1 comes complete with a range of premium-quality accessories. The SM6 shock mount and a detachable pop filter eliminate structure-borne noise, sibilance and plosive sound for improved intelligibility and acoustic performance. It also includes a premium-quality XLR cable (6 metres) and a USB-C to USB-C cable (3 metres) to connect to both outputs. Last but not least is a dust cover, which protects your mic while not in use, keeping all the internal components safe and sound.
- Large-diaphragm 1-inch gold-sputtered condenser capsule
- 32-bit float digital output eliminates audio clipping at its source
- Cardioid polar pattern provides excellent off-axis rejection
- 'Dual Connect' output with XLR/USB connectivity
- Low self-noise performance (4dBA)
- High sensitivity/SPL handling – record everything from foley sounds to drum kits and guitar cabs
- Ultra-low noise, high-gain custom Revolution Preamp
- High-resolution A/D conversion (192 kHz)
- Onboard DSP (digital signal processing) with APHEX audio processing effects:
- Noise gate
- High-pass filter
- Aural Exciter
- Big Bottom
- Complete with premium-grade accessories
- Available in silver and black
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 142 dB SPL
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted): 4dBA
- Sensitivity: -32 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1 kHz
- Analog Power Requirements: Via XLR: P48
- Analog Output Connection: 3-pin XLR
- Digital Power Requirements: Via USB: 5V
- Digital Output Connection: USB-C
- Bit Depth: 24-bit / 32-bit floating point
- Sampling Rate (kHz): 48 / 96 / 192
- Processing: APHEX digital signal processing (only available at 48kHz / 24-bit)
- Minimum OS Requirements: Windows 10 Mac OS 10.15
- Weight: 308 grams
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 52 x 52 x 189 mm
- Model Name:
- NT1 5th Gen (Black)
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.