- Additional Information
Rane Sixty One - 2 Channel USB DJ Mixer Product Description
The Rane Sixty-One DJ Mixer supports both analog and Digital Vinyl Simulation (DVS) playback. The mixer is bundled with Serato Scratch Live and includes ASIO and Core Audio drivers to use other audio programs. Two Serato Control Vinyl Records and two Serato Control CDs are included.
A typical setup includes operation with two Scratch Live DVS channels, SP-6 sample player on an independent USB Aux playback channel and Software effects enabled on the USB digital insert in the FlexFx loop. This setup also allows recording PGM-1 post-fader, PGM-2 post-fader and the Main mix.
If you are looking for the same bullet-proof construction, pristine audio quality and integrated 20-channel sound card, but would like added hardware effects, a second USB port to share with another DJ and their laptop, dedicated controls for Library, Loops, Cues and the SP-6 sampler, consider the Rane Sixty-Two Mixer.
PGM Inputs 1-4
The Sixty-One has four stereo analog inputs for PGM 1 through PGM 4. Any of these analog inputs may be set for Phono or Line Input using the PH - CD switches. Any of the four analog inputs may be used for Scratch Live vinyl emulation control. Input 1 or Input 2 may be selected for Scratch Live Virtual Deck 1 control. Input 3 or 4 may be selected for Scratch Live Virtual Deck 2 control. Control input sources are selected in Scratch Live.
The Mic Input accepts an XLR or a balanced or unbalanced 1/4" plug. The Mic has a switchable line level option to connect a wireless receiver.
All analog outputs come from the same “Main Mix” signal. Main and Session outputs each have their own Level control. The Main output is on balanced 1/4" TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) jacks, though unbalanced TS (tip-sleeve) plugs may be used. The Session output is on regular unbalanced RCA jacks. Because all signals are identical, users may use any of these outputs as the “main” output if a different cable type is required for connection.
Specifications - Rane Sixty One:
- Includes Serato Scratch Live Software (full version)
- Analog Inputs - 4 Stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
- Phono or Line level input - Rear panel switches for each input
- Digital Signal Processing - 48 kHz, 32-bit floating point
- USB Audio - Six Stereo Record, Four Stereo Playback
- 48 kHz, 32-bit floating point
- USB Power - Mixer is self-powered
- Unit Size - 13.3" x 10" x 4" (33.8 cm x 25.4 cm x 10.2 cm)
- Weight - 8 lb (3.7 kg)
PLEASE NOTE: These are the minimum requirements to run Scratch Live. For best performance and for use in professional situations we recommend you buy a higher spec computer. We also recommend Intel processors.
- Available 2.0 USB port.
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
- 5400 RPM hard drive. 7200 RPM for high-resolution audio playback.
- 2 GB RAM (a large library will like more RAM).
- Intel 1.83 GHz Core Duo or better.
- OSX 10.5.8 or higher.
- Intel processor, 2.2 GHz Core Duo or better.
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or higher.
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or higher.
- Windows 7, recommended over Vista.
Rane Sixty One - 2 Channel USB DJ Mixer Additional Information