- Additional Information
Propellerhead Reason 4 Product Description
Purchase Propellerhead Reason 4 and get a free upgrade to Reason 5 when released!
The all new Propellerhead Reason Version 4 comes equipped with a brand new sequencer, a revolutionary groove tool, a stunning arpeggiator and a synth to end all synths. Welcome to Reason version 4 - the bigger rack.
Making music should be as easy as powering up a computer, loading up a powerful piece of music software, and getting down to business. Propellerheads Reason version 4 is a virtual studio rack with all the tools and instruments you need to turn your ideas into music. And it's more than just a set of excellent synths and effects. It's a complete music system. Step into the age of Reason.
Synthesizers, samplers, drum machine, REX file loop player, professional mastering tools, mixer, vocoder, world class effects, pattern sequencer and more. As many of each as your computer can handle. Reason is an infinitely expandable all-in-one music production environment, complete with its own realtime sequencer.
Although easy to learn and a breeze to use, Reason is an extremely flexible music system - a system that can be just as complex and advanced as you make it. With sophisticated tools such as the MClass mastering suite, the mighty Combinator device, or the all-powerful Thor synth, Reason will not just impress, but inspire you.
Need more gear?
No problem. Choose a synth, a drum machine, a loop player or any device from the Create menu, and it will instantly appear in your rack, logically patched into the signal chain. And because Reason is designed to go easy on your computer, you can repeat the process until you're more than happy. If you ever wished you had eleven samplers and ten compressors, Reason is definitely for you. And if you have created more machines than you have mixer channels, just create another mixer. The studio of your dreams is just a few mouse clicks away.
Control your controls
All controls work as their real life counterparts.
Each unit in Reason's virtual rack is edited from its own on-screen front panel. All the sliders, knobs, buttons and functions are right in front of you, ready to be tweaked, turned and twisted in absolute real-time. And all your front panel actions - filter adjustments, pitch bending, gain riding or panning - can be recorded and automated in the Reason sequencer.
In Reason, you will never run out of rack space.
A single keypress will turn Reason's rack around, and there you are, in patch cord heaven. Most audio connections are made automatically. When a new device is created, it appears immediately below the currently selected device, and Reason patches it into the system in the most logical way. Repatch by dragging the patch cord plug to the desired connector, or just make a pop-up menu choice. Most devices have one or more parameters controlled by Gate and/or CV. And all instrument devices have several Gate or CV output options. Combine this with easy, transparent patching, and you have connection power approaching that of a fully modular synth.
Propellerhead Reason Version 4 Key Features:
- A virtual studio rack with all the tools and instruments you need to turn your ideas into music
- Synthesizers, samplers, drum machine, REX file loop player, professional mastering tools, mixer, vocoder, world class effects, pattern sequencer and more
- Includes THOR - The Polysonic Synthesizer - a modular synthesizer featuring six different oscillator types and four unique filters
- Includes RPG-8 - Monophonic Arpeggiator - a brand new unit dedicated to the art of arpeggiation! Use it on your breakbeats, orchestra samples, or your vocals
- Includes ReGroove Mixer - Real Time Groove Console - a unique tool to make your music sound less rigid, less programmed
- New Advanced Sequencer - workflow is hugely improved, swifter, stronger and more intuitive than ever
- New floating tool window contains all your most frequently used tools
- Factory Sound Bank Updated
- Combinator and NN-XT updates - both have had minor revisions to make programming patches easier and more powerful
Propellerhead Reason 4 System Requirements:
- Windows: Windows XP or Vista, Intel P4 / AMD Athlon XP or better, 512 MB RAM minimum (1 GB recommended), 1024x768 Screen resolution, 2 GB free hard disk space, DVD reader, 16-bit windows compatible audio card, preferably with DirectX or ASIO drivers, MIDI keyboard with built-in MIDI interface, or MIDI keyboard and MIDI interface recommended.
- Mac OS: Mac OS X 10.4, G4 1GHz and up or Intel Mac, 512 MB RAM minimum (1 GB recommended), 1024x768 Screen resolution, 2 GB free hard disk space, DVD reader, MIDI keyboard with built-in MIDI interface, or MIDI keyboard and MIDI interface recommended
Propellerhead Reason 4 Additional Information
|Supported Format||Stand-Alone, VST|