- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
Presonus R65 AMT - Single Product Description
The R Series R65 AMT Monitor from PreSonus features a custom 6.8in2 Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to subtle waveforms and high-frequencies. This allows you to hear the air and the greater sense of space that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. The R65's transparent and accurate sound makes it great for use in both commercial and home recording studios as well as broadcast and post-production environments.
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transient response time. By contrast, the AMT tweeter in the R65 uses a thin, folded Kapton membrane (< 0.01 mm) with an inlayed aluminum circuit functioning as the voice coil, allowing the tweeter to move at the same instant as the electric current. The resulting reactive response time provides marked clarity and better transient reproduction.
Unlike a traditional 1" dome tweeter, an unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides up to thirteen times the projection area.
The R65 provides a wide lateral dispersion and very limited vertical dispersion. The narrow vertical dispersion helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. The broad, even horizontal dispersion creates a wide sweet spot. Because it is less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R65 reacts more predictably and sounds more consistent from room to room.
The R65 utilizes a 6.5" custom-coated, woven Kevlar, low-frequency driver. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. Biamped and driven by a 150W Class D amplifier, this monitor delivers an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
This monitor offers user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitor for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment. A four-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that occurs when the monitor is placed near a wall. A high-frequency driver level control helps to further mitigate room anomalies. An onboard highpass filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor subwoofer into your monitor setup.
With three different types of audio inputs, it's easy to feed audio to your R-Series monitor from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or other line-level sources. The R65 provides balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs.
HighlightsComponents and construction
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 6.5/8-inch Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Frequency Response 45 Hz to 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency 2.7 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power 100 W Class D
- HF Amplifier Power: 50 W Class D
- SPL Peak: 104 dB
- LF Driver Size 6.5" (16.51 cm) Kevlar
- Driver Type HF: AMT
- Diaphragm 6.8 in2
- Input Impedance 20 kΩ balanced, 10 kΩ unbalanced
- SNR Typical, A-Weighted: > 100 dB
- Volume A-type taper
- Control Linear, +1 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- High Pass Filter Linear, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Mode Energy conservation: on/off/query
- Inputs Balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, unbalanced RCA
- Protection RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, and external mains fuse
- Power 100 to 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz and 220 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Standby Power < 0.5 W
- Cabinet Construction Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Dimensions 8 x 10.3 x 13" (20.3 x 26.1 x 32.8 cm)
- Weight 14.7 lb (6.65 kg)
Presonus R65 AMT - Single Additional Information
|LF Driver Size||6.5"|
|LF Driver Material||Kevlar|
|HF Driver Size||3"|
|HF Driver Material||Ribbon|
|Min Frequency Response (Hz)||45 Hz|
|Max Frequency Response (kHz)||22 kHz|
|Max SPL||104 dB|
|Crossover Frequency||2.7 kHz|
|Port Configuration||Front Ported|
|Monitor Features||Rear Panel Volume Control|
|Level Control||Bass, Mid, Treble|
|Input Connectivity||XLR, 1/4" Jack, RCA / Phono|
Presonus R65 AMT - Single Alternative Products
£478.00 Inc VAT