- Additional Information
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL Product Description
Known Problem: Starting with Mac OS X 10.11, AudioBox VSL control software no longer works, the control panel will not pass audio (i.e. no audio input, no meters, no audio playback from system) with AudioBox VSL Software installed. Please refer to this article here that explains the issue in more detail.
The flagship in PreSonus' new generation of USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interfaces, the AudioBox 1818VSL takes hardware/software integration to the next level and delivers a combination of features, audio quality, and value that is unprecedented in this product category. Using your computer CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive™ (VSL) software, AudioBox VSL-series interfaces provide reverb and and delay effects and the same Fat Channel compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter, as the PreSonus StudioLive™ 16.0.2 digital mixer— all with inaudible latency. It's a great choice for project studios, performing bands, school music labs, and a wide variety of corporate installations and other contractor applications.
This is a pro product all the way, with high-end 24-bit, 96 kHz converters; Class A XMAX™ preamps; ADAT optical I/O; S/PDIF coaxial I/O; word-clock output; and MIDI I/O, housed in a heavy-duty, rack-mount metal chassis.
Furthermore, thanks to the power of VSL, the AudioBox 1818VSL includes a 26x8 software mixer. As a result, with just an AudioBox 1818VSL and your laptop or other computer, you can mix a studio session or live show featuring a full band—all while monitoring and recording with or without real-time processing! And you can do it simply and easily, with no hardware mixer, no outboard effects rack, and minimal wiring, thanks to the tight integration between PreSonus hardware and software.
- True +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in two banks for channels 1-4 and 5-8)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- Power/USB sync LED
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- L/R main output meter (dual 7-segment LED ladder)
- Mix, adjust input and playback-returns levels, and add effects and signal processing from your laptop or other computer
- Studio One™ Artist digital audio workstation software included
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- 26 x 8 DSP mixer
- StudioLive™16.0.2 Fat Channel compressor, limiter, expander, high-pass filter, and semi-parametric EQ for each analog input and its DAW return
- 2 stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- More than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 2 combo XLR / ¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 6 combo XLR / ¼” balanced mic/line inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 6 balanced ¼” auxiliary (L/R) line outputs
- 8 channels ADAT optical input and output (at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 4 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz)
- 2 channels (stereo) S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output
- 1 BNC word-clock output
- MIDI In/Out
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL Additional Information
|Application||Home Studio Recording, Professional Studio Recording|