Neumann MT 48 Premium 4-in 4-out USB audio interface
Neumann's first audio interface
Neumann have excelled at all kinds of audio equipment throughout their storied 95-year history - from mixing consoles to microphones, studio monitors, headphones, and studio outboard like preamplifiers and equalisers, everything is built to be premium and top of their range. The MT48 interface is no exception, loaded with class-leading conversion and preamps, this desktop unit is designed to be an intuitive, feature-filled hub for any studio. A perfect solution for professionals and hobbyists alike.
Conversion in audio interfaces is sometimes overlooked, but this element dictates the quality and detail, not only of your recordings, but of every element you hear out of your monitoring. The MT48 features precise, class-leading conversion developed by Switzerland's Merging Technologies for incredible audio resolution and a wide dynamic range of 136 dB. This makes everything crystal-clear, sharp and refined.
Flexible effects processing
The MT48 is equipped with a range of onboard processing options. A flexible four-band parametric EQ lets you sculpt your sounds and carve out space for your mix with ease. Dynamics processing with gate, compression and limiting allows you to shape your signal for punchy, present sounds and emphasis that sits exactly where it's wanted. Then, add space and depth with the onboard reverb. These effects can be printed to your recording, sent only through monitoring for playback, or recorded both wet and dry simultaneously for parallel processing. This offers a huge amount of flexibility, letting you record your way, whether you want a dry signal for later processing, or mix-ready sounds directly from tracking.
The MT48's touch screen interface makes control immediate and intuitive. Adjust EQ bands and effects parameters, pan controls, or channel faders without having to switch to mixing software. This makes the MT48 an extremely fast and effective recording solution in any scenario.
- Premium 4-in, 4-out audio interface
- High-quality AD/DA conversion provides 136 dB dynamic range for stunning sound quality
- Two microphone/line preamps and two line/instrument inputs for flexible recording inputs
- Four monitor/line outputs for connectivity with studio monitors and outboard gear
- Two low-impedance headphone outputs with adjustable crossfeed to adjust stereo imaging
- ADAT, S/PDIF inputs and outputs for input expansion
- USB, ADAT, and AES67 network connectivity for connecting to your DAW
- Built-in MIDI/GPIO interface for connectivity with controllers and production hardware
- DSP processing offer EQ, dynamics and reverb with pre and post-effects recording options
- Independent talkback controls for all four input and output channels
- Fast and easy touch screen interface for intuitive control
- Microphone Inputs 1 and 2
- Dynamic Range: 136 dB-A
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128 dBu-A (150 Ω)
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Gain Range: +12 to +78 dB in 0.5 dB steps or 0.1 dB (fine)
- Pad: 12 dB/24 dB
- Max. Input Level: 0/+12/+24 dBu (without Pad/with Pad)
- THD + N Preamp + ADC: <-110 dB (0.0003%) @ 1 kHz, 0 dBFS
- Line Inputs 1 and 2
- Dynamic Range: 138.5 dB-A
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Gain Range: 0 to +66 dB
- Sensitivity: +24 dBu to -42 dBu
- Max. Input Level: +24 dBu
- THD + N Preamp + ADC: <-105 dB (0.0006%) @ 1 kHz, 0 dBFS
- Instrument/Line Inputs 3 and 4
- Dynamic Range: 135 dB-A
- Input Impedance: 2 MΩ (balanced)/1MΩ (unbalanced)
- Gain Range: 0 to +66 dB
- Sensitivity: +18 dBu to -48 dBu
- Max. Input Level: +18 dBu
- THD + N Preamp + ADC: <-112 dB (0.0003%) @ 1 kHz, 0 dBFS
- Line/Monitor Outputs
- Output Impedance: <70Ω
- THD + N: <-110 dB (0.0003%) @ 1 kHz, 0 dBFS
- Dynamic Range: 123 dB-A
- Max. Output Level: +24 dBu
- Headphone Outputs
- Output Impedance: 0.035Ω
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB-A (high)/117 dB (low)
- Max. Output Level: +16 dBu (high)/+8 dBu (low)
- General Specifications
- AES67/Ravenna: Standard RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet connection
- Expansion Connectivity: ADAT/S/PDIF optical I/O, MIDI I/O via 1/4" jack
- Computer Interface: USB-C, 2.0 high speed (480 MB/s) or higher
- Power Consumption: <25 W
Whats In The Box
- 1 x Neumann MT48 Audio Interface
- 1 x MT48 soft case
- 1 x Power supply
- 1 x USB-C connection cable
- 1 x USB-A data cable
- 1 x USB-C data cable
- 1 x Quickstart guide
- 1 x Safety guide
- Model Name:
- MT 48
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.