- Additional Information
Moog Werkstatt-01 Moogfest 2014 Kit Product Description
During Moogfest 2014, Moog facilitated a two-day workshop in which Moog engineers assisted 125 participants in building Werkstatt, an educational, patchable analog synthesizer designed specifically for the event. It was Moog's first workshop since 1997 when Bob Moog held a theremin workshop in Portland, Maine. Led by Steve Dunnington, Moog Product Development Specialist, the Moogfest 2014 synth building workshop received overwhelmingly positive feedback from participants and since then, Moog have fielded numerous requests to offer the Werkstatt analog synthesizer in a wider release.
Moog created Werkstatt specifically as an educational tool for teaching electronics assembly techniques and analog circuit design in a workshop at Moogfest 2014. Assembly of the Werkstatt-Ø1 is extremely simple, so any user can quickly build and also study the circuits of an analog synthesizer that's based on classic Moog circuits at home. While we can't duplicate the experience of the Moogfest 2014 Engineering VIP Workshop, Werkstatt-Ø1 will still offer a valuable and fun educational experience for customers.
The Werkstatt-Ø1 Moogfest 2014 Analog Synthesizer features a single voltage controlled oscillator with two selectable waveshapes, saw and pulse. This section also includes a control for adjusting pulse width modulation and oscillator frequency, which extends from 8Hz to 16KHz. The voltage controlled filter section houses a classic 4-pole Moog Ladder Filter with 20Hz-20kHz frequency response, and a variable resonance control that is capable of driving the filter into self oscillation.
Werkstatt-Ø1 has two selectable modulation sources; a dual waveshape LFO with 0.2Hz-600Hz sweepable range, and a variable attack/decay envelope section with sustain on/off switch. Modulation sources are easily assigned via dedicated VCO and VCF modulation sections, each with a variable control for modulation amount.
Also included in each Werkstatt-Ø1 is a breadboard-style patchable header, which significantly expands it's creative sonic abilities. This patchable header features a dedicated external audio input, and control voltage inputs for VCO linear FM, VCO exponential FM, VCF, VCA, and LFO. CV outputs are in pairs, and include dual outputs for Keyboard CV, EG, LFO, VCF, VCO, Gate, and Trigger.
- VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input-5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
Moog Werkstatt-01 Moogfest 2014 Kit Additional Information