Moog Matriarch Dark Series Semi-Modular Paraphonic Analog Synthesizer
Frequently bought together
Unlock your creativity
The Matriarch's design is based on the idea that imagination is key to creating sonic worlds. Total emphasis on creativity. This allows you to delve deeper into the world of synthesis and take yourself into undiscovered worlds of sonic wonderment.
The patchable architecture offers huge scope for exploration and allows you to control many different parameters, much like that of a modular synth. The Matriarch plays very well with modular synths too and will fit brilliantly alongside your current rig.
The four-note paraphony allows you to create extremely rich textures - the harmonic shapes created can be stored on the easy-to-use 256 step sequencer. If you're focusing on leads then the four oscillators can be stacked for huge mono sounds.
Classic design that looks to the future
Based on the original Bob Moog designs the Matriarch is filled old school vibes yet evoked a very forward facing outlook.
The assortment of modules are classic Moog and it features a 100 analog signal path. Spanning a huge range of sound making and modulating circuits anything is possible. From huge bass lines to plucks and pads. The entire language of analog vocabulary can be reached with this exceptional synthesizer. From its ladder filters, the envelope generators, and incredible stereo analog delays. Nothing is out of reach.
Semi modular exploration
At its core, the Matriarch is a semi-modular synthesizer. This means there is an array of patch points. Great for modulating parameters within the synth's circuitry.
The 90 points are easily accessible via patch cables - which have been kindly included with the Matriarch - giving you a lot of ways to play with and manipulate sounds. Although patching is incredibly powerful, it isn't necessary. It gives you a much deeper level of control but the Matriarch can be used with any patching at all.
The Matriarch is ready for stage and studio and is a hugely beneficial addition to your arsenal of sound creators. In fact, it might just take centre stage.
- Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. (Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear)
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer - no patching required
- 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
- Oscillators based on the Minimoog
- Mixer based on the classic CP3 module
- ilters based on the classic 904A ??module
- Envelopes based on the classic 911 module
- VCAs based on the classic 902 module
- Analog Delay based on the MF-104M and 500 Series effects
- Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/ patchable velocity and aftertouch
- 4 analog oscillators w/ selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
- Full-range analog LFO with 6 selectable waveshapes
- Dual analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes available
- Dual analog ADSR envelopes
- Dual analog VCAs
- 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
- 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered multis
- Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs
- 1/4“ external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more throughMatriarch’s analog circuits
- Stereo ¼” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs
- Type: Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- Sound engine?: 100 Analog
- Number of keys: 49 Full-Size Keys
- Type of keys?: Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are nothard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- Other controllers?: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal into CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- Polyphony: Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
- Sound sources: 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3,and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack
- Mixer: 6 input (5 eurorack level and 1 instrument level) DC coupled discrete mixer with asymmetrical clipping behaviour
- Filters: 24dB/Octave Low Pass Filter with Resonance, 24dB/Octave switchable LowPass/High Pass Filter with Resonance. Configurable in parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP),and series (HP/LP)
- Mod sources: Analog Modulation Oscillator with selectable and patchable output(Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square, Stepped Triangle, Smoothed Random, Sample and Hold,Noise). Additional LFO (Tri, Square)
- Envelopes: 2x Four-Stage ADSR with End of Envelope gate outputs
- Attenuators: 3x Bipolar Voltage Controlled Attenuators with Ring Mod capabilities
- Mults: 2x4 Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- VCAs?: 2x discrete analog VCAs routed in stereo
- Effects: Stereo Analog Delay with Ping/Pong, MIDI and CV clock sync, voltage controlled Mix, and independent L/R delay times, feedback, and I/O
- Arpeggiator / Step sequencer: 256 Steps with up to 4 notes per step; 12Sequence locations
- Patch points: 90 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 49 Inputs, 33 Outputs, 2x4Parallel-wired Mults.
- Pedal inputs: 1/4” Sustain, 1/4” Expression
- Audio inputs: 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- Audio outputs: 2x 1/4” TS jacks for line level output (Rear Panel), 1/4” Headphone jack with dedicated level knob (rear panel), 2x 3.5mm Eurorack level outputs, 2x 3.5mmDelay outputs
- MIDI I/O?: 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- Dimensions: 32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- Power: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC,50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector.
- Weight: 24lbs. / 10.89kg
** Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice
- Model Name:
- Matriarch Dark Series
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.