- Additional Information
Mackie HDA Product Description
Powered by 1200W of peak system power, with a coverage pattern of 110° x 20°, the compact 12" 2-Way HDA loudspeakers are highly configurable. With acoustic and mechanical design by the award-winning engineering experts at EAW and patented HD audio processing, HDA offers proven line array performance and technology at a price point attainable by more users than ever before.
HDAs are bi-amplified, delivering 1200W of peak system power: 500W RMS for LF, 100W RMS for HF. They use Class-D amplifiers, which are ultra-efficient and cool running, providing all the power needed to push the high-output drivers in a design that is lightweight. Mackie amplifiers incorporate Fast Recovery circuitry, which helps to smooth nasty distortion when things get pushed too hard. Power runs are industry standard Neutrik® PowerCons with an AC pass-through, reducing clutter and confusion.
HD Digital Processing
Part of Mackie's HD Series, HDA incorporates their proven HD Digital Processing. Even the most expensive loudspeakers on the market have inherent sonic issues that arise from the very nature of loudspeaker design. Horn-loaded drivers tend to have a 'honkiness' to them and there are physical resonances in the upper range of cone drivers that can sound nasty.
Introducing Mackie High-Definition Audio Processing. The key to high-definition live sound is the detailed measurement and analysis of the inherent problems of horns and woofers. After that, the creation and application of some seriously NASA-esque (and patented) acoustic correction algorithms work to correct these very issues. Vocals become clean and intelligible and the highs are smooth and never harsh. The resulting experience is not only high-definition, it is truly a moment of clarity for anyone within earshot.
- 110 ̊ x 20 ̊ constant curvature powered line array
- Scalable and arrayable with a multitude of configuration options
- Fly up to 4 x HDA and 2 x HD1801 subwoofers
- Ground stack up to 3 x HDA on 1 or 2 HD1801 subwoofer(s) or the optional flybar
- Pole mount up to 2 x HDA on HD1801 subwoofer or tripod using dual angle pole cups
- 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification
- LF 500W RMS / 1000W peak
- HF 100W RMS / 200W peak
- Custom designed transducers by EAW®
- 12” neodymium woofer with 3” voice coil
- Dual Beyma®1.7” compression drivers with heat-treated titanium diaphragms
- High-definition audio processing includes:
- Revolutionary patented acoustic correction
- Transducer time alignment and phase correction
- Precision 2-way crossover
- Three-position voicing switch for simple array voicing
- Integrated limiting and protection circuitry
- Proven rigging hardware:
- Four M10 flypoints
- Integrated flyware allows easy array setup
- Optional Flybar and HD1801 subwoofer flyware kit
- Ultra-compact and lightweight (59 lb / 26.7 kg)
- Rugged all wood cabinet (15mm birch plywood)
- Supported by EAW Resolution prediction software
Mackie HDA Additional Information