- Additional Information
M-Audio Studiophile AV20 Product Description
M-Audio Studiophile AV20 multimedia speakers allow you to hear your music, movies and video games the way they were meant to sound.
Built with the same M-Audio technology that professional recording studios have trusted for years, the AV 20 system provides an excellent audio upgrade for your computer. With internal amplification plus dedicated high- and low-frequency drivers, the AV 20 system lets you experience every detail of your sound. Custom cabinets with dense wood construction deliver a more accurate bass response than you could ever get from plastic multimedia speakers. And if you’re the creative type, the Studiophile AV 20 speakers are perfect for crafting your next remix, recording original tracks or adding music to a home movie.
M-Audio is known throughout the professional recording world for building some of the most accurate studio monitors on the market. With the Studiophile AV 20, you can enjoy this same technology in a portable, powered speaker that is the perfect addition to any home computer or laptop. Designed specifically for today’s multimedia computers, the AV 20s feature a unique angled cabinet that creates an accurate listening environment even when you’re short on desk space.
Comprising a 2” composite woofer, 1” ferrofluid-cooled Mylar dome tweeter and an internal Class D amplifier, the Studiophile AV 20 is designed to deliver solid bass, crisp highs and convincing realism while occupying only a fraction of the space of standard desktop speakers. And with sturdy, magnetically shielded cabinets, the AV 20s can coexist with all manner of computer monitors, TVs and other electronic equipment without interference.
The Studiophile AV 20 features M-Audio’s proprietary OptImage III wave guide, which improves high-frequency response while minimizing phasing issues that can plague other portable monitors. The wave guide evens out the response of the weeter by making it work more efficiently. It also time-aligns the tweeter and the woofer so the audio from each driver reaches the listener at the same time, guaranteeing precise stereo imaging and accurate response.
- Optimized for computer audio including music, DVDs and games
- Acclaimed M-Audio technology used in pro recording studios
- Separate high- and low-frequency drivers with crossover
- High-fidelity 10-watt-per-channel internal amplification
- Custom cabinet with dense wood construction for full, warm sound
- Tight, accurate low-frequency response
- Smooth, crisp highs
- OptImage III wave guides for superior stereo imaging
- Portable design
- Magnetic shielding for desktop use
- Low-frequency Driver: 2" composite paper/fiberglass woofer
- High-frequency Driver: 3/4" ferrofluid-cooled Mylar balanced-dome tweeter
- Magnetic shielding
- Dynamic Power: 10-watt-per-channelClass-D amplifier
- Input Connectors: RCA unbalanced inputs
- Indicator: front-panel controls for volume and on/off
- Angled wooden cabinet
M-Audio Studiophile AV20 Additional Information