- Additional Information
Korg Arp Odyssey Module Rev1 Product Description
Since its appearance in 1972, the ARP Odyssey has been loved by countless musicians as a classic analog synthesizer. Forty years later, in 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, KORG resurrected the ARP ODYSSEY with a complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey’s original circuitry. The ARP sound, which continues to be envied as an iconic analog synthesizer, was once again back in the hands of today's musicians. Now, KORG has further broadened the reach of the ARP ODYSSEY in today's world by releasing a new model.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a keyboard-less ARP ODYSSEY with the very same analog synthesis circuitry that completely reproduces the original. To fit perfectly in today's DAW-centric music production environments, we provide it in a more compact module form. The lineup includes two models, the white Rev1 and the black and orange Rev3, reproducing traditional styling in a cutting-edge tabletop body. The real ARP sound that transcends history is once again available to the world.
An ARP ODYSSEY module that emanates synthesis power from your tabletop The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a tabletop analog synth module based on KORG's revived ARP ODYSSEY. In its compact, keyboard-less body, it contains the exact same circuitry as the original, making it even easier for you to obtain that rich analog sound that only a genuine ARP ODYSSEY can produce.
By adding the ARP ODYSSEY Module to their setup, DAW users can enhance their production environment with powerful analog sound that cannot be obtained from any plugin. You can also perform in conjunction with a sequencer such as the KORG SQ-1. If you're a player with a keyboard that you prefer, you can connect the ARP ODYSSEY Module via MIDI to your favorite keyboard and play it to your heart's content. In addition, the ARP ODYSSEY Module newly supports MIDI pitch bend.
True analog sound generated by a complete replication of the original ARP Odyssey's circuitry The ARP Odyssey is known best for its sharp and biting tone, and the rich possibilities of modulation that allow an incredible variety of sounds. The ARP ODYSSEY Module is equipped with the very same circuitry as the ARP ODYSSEY, which itself is a perfect replica of the original unit, developed under the supervision of the ARP Instruments company's co-founder David Friend. Its module-type design invites the user into an even deeper world of sound design.
- An ARP ODYSSEY in module form that emanates synthesis power from your tabletop
- True analog sound generated by a complete replication of the original ARP Odyssey's circuitry
- Duophonic design with two VCOs
- A rich variety of modulation
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones
- Noise generator provides two types of noise: white and pink
- LFO and sample & hold are provided, with switchable routing
- Equipped with all three historic iterations of ARP’s low-pass filter circuit
- The DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR
- The original PPC based on a rubber pad has been reproduced
- MIDI IN connector and a USB MIDI port are provided
- Lineup includes the historical Rev1 and Rev3 designs
Korg Arp Odyssey Module Rev1 Additional Information