iZotope BreakTweaker Expanded (Download) Drum Machine Software + 4 Expansion Packs
Frequently bought together
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it´s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing machine that blurs the line between rhythm and melody.
Give your beats an evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic concoctions. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today. Explore a new era of rhythmic possibilities with this forward-thinking and forward-sounding instrument.
What is BreakTweaker?
BreakTweaker is the beat machine of the future. Powered by three distinct modules, the Sequencer, the Generator, and the MicroEdit Engine, it’s a wildly creative rhythmic instrument that can be used with any DAW and MIDI controller. For instant gratification, get started with the diverse presets and content in the Factory Library, a showcase of BreakTweaker’s breadth and sonic capabilities. When you want to get deeper, break new sonic ground with BreakTweaker’s paradise of tweaky controls and settings.
Assemble pattern-based beats in the Sequencer, which features six tracks for layering your sounds. The Sequencer can store up to 24 different step patterns, launchable via MIDI for on-the fly remixing. Design beats that evolve over time with BreakTweaker’s advanced isorhythmic step sequencing, which makes it possible for each track to have a unique tempo and step length.
Sculpt new drum sounds and textures with the Generator. This powerful drum synthesis module defines the sounds for each Sequencer track. The Generator supports morphing wavetable synthesis or one-shot sample loading, polished off with dual-stage distortions and vintage-modeled filters. Four LFOs with unique wavetable shapes, and four Envelopes allow vast modulation possibilities for almost every single Generator parameter. As a bonus, every Sequencer track supports up to three Generators for developing even deeper sonic complexity.
The MicroEdit Engine
Once you’ve perfected the ultimate set of drum sounds and sequenced your patterns, it’s time for a whole new method of sound design. Enter the MicroEdit Engine. A “MicroEdit” is the division of a single step within your pattern into potentially thousands of slices. These slices can then be contoured and shaped to create harmonic, pitched, and rhythmic effects, resulting in new textures that add that extra spice to an evolving beat. By pushing the limits of the brain’s ability to perceive sound, the MicroEdit Engine blurs the line between rhythm and pitch, inspiring beats you’ve never heard before.
The Factory Library
Bringing sounds, patterns, and MicroEdits together into mind-boggling beats, the BreakTweaker Factory Library comes with over 80 global presets that are ready to kickstart your next project. The Factory Library also features over 2 GB of royalty-free sample content designed by electronic production pros. Specialising in a wide variety of percussive sounds, sample categories range from studio essentials like “Kick” and “Snare” to intriguing possibilities like “Glitch” and “Film”.
BreakTweaker Expanded also includes four dedicated expansion packs...
- Vintage Machines delivers an eclectic range of over 200 samples from the greatest drum machines out there, assembled into a unique collection of throwback fun
- Cinematic Textures is a collection of rhythmic gestures ranging from esoteric patterns to dense pulses and beats
- Kicks & Snares by Beatport delivers solid kicks, snares, and a little percussion thrown in for good measure
- Modern Grooves is produced by electronic musician and sound design guru Toby Emerson aka Black Octopus and serves up modern but retro, crisp yet slick, Modern Grooves.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market.
- Experiment with stunning content: Explore a full range of presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today´s top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Invent completely new rhythms: Create complex polyrhythmic lines with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Craft the perfect drum sound: Blend drum samples with robust synthesizer features to create sounds that are the best of both worlds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
- BreakTweaker Expanded also includes these dedicated expansion packs - Vintage Machines, Cinematic Textures, Kicks & Snares by Beatport and Modern Grooves
- Model Name:
- BreakTweaker Expanded (Download)
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.