- Additional Information
Behringer Super-X Pro CX2310 Product Description
The CX2310 stereo 2-way/mono 3-way crossover provides amazing-accurate audio frequency separation, thanks to its state-of-the-art circuitry, superior-grade components, ultra low-noise op amps and balanced I/O connectivity. Additionally, the CX2310 features an independently-adjustable Subwoofer Output, effectively providing an extra low-frequency band a control range from 10 - 235 Hz. By using 1% metal film resistors, along with other extremely tight-tolerance components, the CX2310 is able to guarantee surgically-precise frequency selection with incredibly-low thermal noise. Put simply, the easy-to-use SUPER-X PRO CX2310 is one of the best-sounding crossovers in its class!
When a sound system is properly tuned, it becomes powerful, balanced and efficient. Bass content is punchy and tight, with vocals and instruments that are rich, crisp and well defined. The CX2310 crossover’s accurate signal processing protects critical loudspeaker components and improves overall system efficiency. All Input and Output connections are balanced/unbalanced XLR and feature 25 Hz Low Cut filters for low-frequency driver protection – plus Mute and Phase Invert switches, making troubleshooting even a large system – virtually effortless!
What’s a Crossover?
Chances are if you’re reading this, you already know what a crossover is – and you know that you need one. But if you are new to multi-way PA systems, here's a brief overview. Loudspeakers (which we call transducers) convert electrical signals into sound waves. And no matter how well a transducer is designed or made, it simply cannot reproduce the entire audio spectrum all by itself. Low-frequency sounds tend to push a transducer to the maximum, making it impossible for that same transducer to reproduce the treble content with the sound quality it deserves. (Try singing high falsetto next time you’re bench-pressing your limit!)
That's why high-quality sound systems use multiple speakers (woofers and tweeters) to spread out the work. While the woofer (usually the larger transducer) does all the heavy lifting, the tweeter can easily handle the high-frequency content. Three and four-way systems distribute the work even more, allowing the individual transducers to reproduce the frequency range for which they were designed. It is the crossover’s function to divide these tasks between the various amplifiers and transducers.
- Professional stereo 2-way/mono 3-way crossover featuring state-of-the-art Linkwitz-Riley filters with 24 dB/octave
- Additional subwoofer output with independent Frequency control
- Absolutely flat summed amplitude response, zero phase difference
- Individual output Gain controls for all bands
- Individual output Mute switches for easy band adjustment
- Individual Phase reverse switches for instant phase correction
- Switchable 25 Hz Low cut filter on each input for low-frequency driver protection
- Servo-balanced and gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs
- Ultra-high precision potentiometers for ultimate accuracy and repeatability
- Illuminated switches for secure operation in dark stage environments
- Shielded toroidal mains transformer for minimal noise interference
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Behringer Super-X Pro CX2310 Additional Information