- Additional Information
Audio Technica AT2022 Small Diaphragm X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone Product Description
Meet the new X/Y stereo condenser microphone from Audio-Technica labled the AT2022 X/Y. Designed specifically for stereo recording, the dual-element AT 2022 features two unidirectional condenser capsules in an X/Y configuration to allow for 90-degree (narrow) or 120-degree (wide) stereo operation for extremely versatile pickup; the capsules also fold flat for storage and transportation. It is designed for general stereo recording, as well as field sound capture where the microphone’s rugged housing ensures protection from damage on location.
The AT-2022 includes a 1.6' (0.5 m) cable terminating in a 3-pin XLRF-type and a 1/8" (3.5 mm) connector. The output of the microphone is a 3-pin XLRM-type connector and the new model requires a 1.5V AA battery for operation.
A switch permits the choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via integral 80 Hz high-pass filter) to help control undesired ambient noise. The included AT8405a stand clamp permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8"-27 threads and a fuzzy windscreen, battery and soft protective pouch are also included.
The main features of the Audio-Technica AT2022 include:
- X/Y stereo microphone with unique pivoting electret condenser capsules for ultimate flexibility
- Provides the spatial impact and realism of a live sound field
- Battery operation allows use with most recording devices
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off minimizes pickup of unwanted low-frequency noise
- User-selectable 90° or 120° stereo operation for narrow or wide pickup patterns
- Ideal for general stereo recording and field sound capture
- Excellent channel separation
- Included fuzzy windscreen offers excellent wind protection
Audio Technica AT2022 Small Diaphragm X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone Additional Information
|Maximum SPL||122 dB SPL|
|Circuit Type||Solid State|