- Additional Information
Alesis VX49 Product Description
With the Alesis VX49 USB/MIDI controller keyboard, you can load up your favorite VST software synthesizers, samplers and drum machines as if you were working on a standalone keyboard workstation. The included VIP software scans your instrument plug-ins, indexes all of their presets, maps out the controls, and allows you to switch sounds and tweak parameters on the fly - without ever touching your mouse. With 49 velocity-sensitive keys (with aftertouch), eight pressure-sensitive pads, eight rotary encoders, and a built-in arpeggiator, the Alesis VX49 could be your ideal controller for production and performance.
Comprehensive control for software instruments
Let's face it - mapping control surfaces to your software can be a hassle, and navigating menus and preset lists can quickly take you out of your creative zone. The VIP software included with the Alesis VX49 does all that for you, allowing you to get hands-on with your sounds while you're still inspired to make music. When you first load up the VIP software it will scan your plug-ins folder and associated presets, and will automatically map the physical controls accordingly. You'll be able to explore presets, tweak parameters, and even switch to a different plug-in instrument entirely, without ever having to touch your mouse or computer keyboard.
Ample performance capabilities
With a 49-key playing surface, and transposition keys to cover a 10-octave range, the Alesis VX49 strikes the ideal balance between being playable and compact. Eight velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads are arranged in four banks, giving you access to 32 individual MIDI events. Eight encoders are right where you need them to sweep filters and bring in effects. Pitch-bend and mod wheels are on hand, as are assignable switches to send MIDI commands to your software or hardware devices. Use the Roll button to create drum builds or glitch effects on the fly, and use the built-in arpeggiator to create looped phrases. Especially if you perform live with your software instruments, you'll be well-served with the ample control set on the Alesis VX49.
Transport and tempo control for your DAW
On top of being a comprehensive controller for your software instruments, the Alesis VX49 is equipped with a transport section for your DAW. Record-enable tracks, loop sections, pause playback, and even adjust tempo. In fact, any MIDI-controllable function within your DAW can be controlled by the VX49. You'll be able to capture song ideas faster, without having to juggle your MIDI controller, keyboard, and mouse simultaneously.
- Keyboard controller for software instruments, MIDI hardware and DAW software
- Semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
- Four banks of eight pressure-sensitive performance pads, with RGB backlighting for color-coded visual feedback
- VIP software automatically maps controls to your VST software instruments
- Large 4.3" color display shows you plug-in settings and parameters
- Eight rotary encoders for hands-on control over instrument parameters
- Built-in arpeggiator for use with any software instrument
- Transport section for controlling your DAW software
- Powered via USB or optional power supply (sold separately)
- Included software: VIP, Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, Loom, Xpand! 2, Eighty Eight Ensemble, Velvet, Transfuser, and Toolroom Records Hybrid 3 Expansion Pack
- Number of Keys - 49
- Type of Keys - Velocity sensitive Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch - Yes
- Pads - 8
- Encoders/Pots - 8
- Dedicated Transport Control - Yes
- Other Controllers - Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Hardware Requirements - Mac Multi-Core CPU with 4GB RAM minimum
- Hardware Requirements - PC Multi-Core CPU with 4GB RAM minimum
- OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- OS Requirements - PC Windows 7 or later
- MIDI I/O - USB
- USB - Yes
Alesis VX49 Additional Information