- Additional Information
Ableton Live 8 with FREE upgrade to Live 9 Product Description
Ableton Live 8 Production and Performance DAW enhances the Ableton vision of creative, real-time digital music with a wealth of new techniques, effects and most-wanted workflow improvements.
Ableton Live 8 features an enhanced groove engine and warping engine. Also a looper, five powerful effects and all-round improved workflow.
Ableton Live 8 is about making music; for composition, songwriting, recording, production, remixing and live performance. Live's nonlinear, intuitive flow, alongside powerful real-time editing and flexible performance options, make it a unique studio tool and a favorite with live performers. If you'd rather be "making music" than just "using music software," Ableton Live 8 is for you. Live 8, the latest version, includes a wealth of new techniques and improvements with a new groove engine, revamped warping, live looping, new effects, crossfades in the Arrangement View and a reworked MIDI editor.
Ableton Live 8 Key Features:
- Groove patterns dynamically influence the timing and velocity/volume of audio and MIDI material. This can add life and swing to straight patterns, give a track more drive, or lend a piece an easy, laid-back feeling.
- Apply groove patterns to any audio or MIDI clips in real time. Change the feel of the whole piece or just selected clips.
- Choose from an extensive library of groove patterns, captured from songs played by some of music's most original, expressive and soulful drummers.
- Extract groove patterns from any audio or MIDI source to build your own groove library from your favorite tracks.
- Quantize audio and MIDI in real time: non-destructive velocity and timing adjustments for rhythmic correction.
- Randomize audio and MIDI timing for a more human feel.
- Intuitive warping allows you to adjust events on the timeline instead of stretching and squeezing the timeline around the events.
- Transient handles: Live analyzes and assigns handles to the transients in audio files automatically.
- Slice by transient: slice audio to MIDI based on Live 8's new transient analysis.
- Enhanced Beats Warp Mode for improved warping of percussive material and new control options.
- Improved Complex Warp Mode using élastique Pro for warping complex, polyphonic material with fewer artifacts.
- One-touch operation: Looper is set up for remote operation, so you can record, overdub, undo and more using a single footswitch (not included) and without touching the computer.
- Endless overdubs, tape-loop style for infinite improv jams.
- First loop sync: Live reads the tempo from the length of the first loop you record and automatically syncs up. This eliminates timing issues and lets you record without the click.
- Simple loop management: drag and drop a loop from Looper into a clip slot to make a clip; drag a clip back again to reload it into Looper.
- Multiple Looper sync lets you run as many Loopers as you want without any synchronization headaches.
- Five powerful new effects, each with a strong personality and serious "classic" potential. These effects add a special Ableton shine to the well-known aspects of these devices, giving you effects that are not only practical and easy to use but also inspiring.
- Crossfades in Arrangement View
- Enhanced MIDI editor
- Group tracks
- Multi-parameter manipulation
- Magnify the user interface
- Browser waveform display
- Plug-in parameters and many more...
- Mac System Requirements: Any G4 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.3.9 (10.4 or later recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive
- Windows System Requirements: 1.5 GHz CPU or faster, 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive
Ableton Live 8 with FREE upgrade to Live 9 Additional Information
|Supported Format||Stand-Alone, VST, Audio Units, RTAS|