- Additional Information
AAS Chromaphone 2 (Download) Product Description
Chromaphone uses acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, mallet, string, and other unique instruments. They get sparked into life by a mallet and a flexible noise generator.
Chromaphone 2 is packed with more than 650 presets from the best sound designers. Instruments span from warm and mellow pitched percussions for melodies to punchy one-shots and kits for rhythm tracks. Twisted, they generate unique textures and soundscapes that will move any film score. Whether real, other-wordly, or with an ethnic touch, Chromaphone will fill your music with rich and organic tones.
Chromaphone 2 ships with premium performance features: unison, vibrato, and a complete set of MIDI features. And for even more action, Chromaphone provides a user programmable pattern arpeggiator and shortcuts to the high quality effects.
Modeling based synthesis gives you access to all source and resonator parameters. Customize instruments to perfectly fit your project or follow your inspiration and build entirely new ones for really creative and innovative sound design.
The Effects panel wraps up Chromaphone 2 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FROM START TO FINISH
With more than 650 presets spread into 19 categories, Chromaphone 2 packs everything you need to create all the parts of your productions.
- Mallets—49 presets
- Percussions—72 presets
- Kicks—40 presets
- Snares—84 presets
- Toms—27 presets
- Hi-Hats—25 presets
- Cymbals—27 presets
- Chromakits—25 presets
- Chimes and Bells—29 presets
- Plucked Strings—34 presets
- Basses—33 presets
- Keys—26 presets
- Strings and Pads—20 presets
- Synths—25 presets
- Organs and Pipes—11 presets
- Soundscapes—41 presets
- Effects—33 presets
- Arpeggiators—39 presets
- Arpeggiated Percussions—34 presets
One-shots are no longer limited to the velocity dimension. Chromaphone uses the entire keyboard range to modulate volume, mallet noise and stiffness, noise filter frequency and density, hit position, and coupling to open a whole world of expressive sounds—and that in a totally stepless fashion.
Creative drum kits
Chromaphone ships with ready-made creative kit patches where each note provides a new sound slightly different from the previous one. Over the entire keyboard range the sound morphs from bass drum to snare to hi-hat. Discover a mixture of electronic and acoustic qualities intertwined to form highly playable, addictive, and always fresh drum sounds.
- The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- This new model reproduces precisely how a real drumhead vibrates resulting in super realistic and responsive drums and percussions.
- The envelope generator for the noise source is now equipped with an AHD mode for carving precise one-shots.
- The noise source spectrum can now be tailored with a 10-band filter bank for fine control of the tone.
- Resonators have been complemented with a low-cut filter to control the clarity of an instrument response.
- Add motion and give a new perspective to sounds with the new built-in arpeggiator module.
- Fine control of the mallet and noise sources to shape the attack and sustain phase of sounds with precision.
- These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Chromaphone 2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Chromaphone 2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- Reinvigorated and polished, Chromaphone 2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- Simply copy your banks from Chromaphone 1 in Chromaphone 2‘s bank folder to convert them.
- Standalone operation for quick jams and experimentations
- Real-time control over any parameters via your MIDI controller knobs, faders, and switches
- MIDI clock, tap, and host tempo synchronization for effects and modulations
- Relaxed editing with unlimited undo/redo capability
- WINDOWS · MAC OS X · 32-/64-BIT · VST · AU · RTAS · AAX NATIVE · STANDALONE
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Intel Core processor or later
- 512 MB of RAM
- 70 MB of free hard drive space
- Windows 7 32‑/64‑bit or later
- Intel Core or equivalent processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 70 MB of free hard drive space
AAS Chromaphone 2 (Download) Additional Information
|Brand||Applied Acoustics Systems|