- Additional Information
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Firewire DSP Accelerator Product Description
The powerful Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Firewire DSP Accelerator puts the world’s finest analog emulation plug-ins within easy reach of Firewire 800 and 400-equipped Macs including Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis. In developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with leading hardware manufacturers using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears to give your mixes all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog recordings. Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD allows you to run large, complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
Bundled with the LA-2A and 1176LN Compressor/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A EQ plug-ins, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD provides rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. Of course, the UAD-2 Satellite also provides easy Firewire access to the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including titles from Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Lexicon, Pultec, SPL and more (sold separately).
Compatible with select iMac and MacBook Pros, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD features wide compatibility. Whether you use Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Digital Performer and more, UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available Firewire 800 or 400 port, power up and start mixing.
Developed by the industry’s premier engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers and engineers.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Firewire DSP Accelerator Key Features:
- External Firewire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit, compatible with select Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, and more (sold separately)
- Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins.
- Run complex, professional mixes in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and more — without taxing host computer CPU
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatible
- Combine UAD-2 Satellite devices with UAD-1 and UAD-2 PCI/PCIx/PCIe cards in a single system
- High-bandwidth Firewire DSP Accelerator with four Analog Devices SHARC processors
- Includes $50 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA’s Online Store
- 1-year Limited Warranty
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Specifications:
- Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 6” wide x 8” long x 1” high (weight: 2 lbs)
- Four Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard or higher (32-bit or 64-bit mode)
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
- Drivers optimized for modern multi-thread and multi-processor architectures
- Real-time and faster than real-time processing for mix bounces
- LoadLock™ ensures resource availability on loaded plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
- UAD Powered Plug-Ins™ available 24/7 from UA’s Online Store
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD System Requirements:
- Mac OS X version 10.6.4 “Snow Leopard” or higher (32-bit or 64-bit mode)
- Available Firewire 800 or 400 port
- 512MB RAM (1GB strongly recommended)
- 200MB available hard drive space (400MB for UAD-1 & UAD-2 combined installation)
- Internet connection for registration, plug-in authorization, software updates
- Audio host application (DAW) w/ VST, RTAS, or Audio Units plug-in compatibility
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Firewire DSP Accelerator Additional Information
|Supported Format||VST, Audio Units, RTAS|
|Effect Type||Compressor, Reverb, Delay, Equalizers, Limiter|