- Additional Information
Universal Audio LA-610 MkII Product Description
When it comes to quality the Universal Audio LA-610 MkII boasts using the best componets available on the market, fully assembled by hand at UAD’s factory.
The Universal Audio LA610 Mk2 is designed for professional studio’s looking to access Universal Audio’s quality and tone, combining an all-tube, vintage microphone preamplifier with authentic Teletronix T4 opto-compression circuitry. The LA-610Mk2 inherits UA’s classic channel strip design, with its warm preamp tone and smooth, natural-sounding compression, is updated with modern, user-requested features like true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and an auto-switching power supply.
The LA-610 MkII is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the 60's. Noted for their musical character and warmth, innumerous classics by artists ranging from Sinatra to Van Halen have been recorded using these preamps. After the preamp section, the LA-610 MkII offers the T4 optical compressor. The simple operation and program-dependent nature of the LA-610 T4 compressor provides the same extremely musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for more than 40 years. The electro-optical detector, or "T4 cell,” is the heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. Its unique combination of electro-luminescent panel and photo-resistors are the crucial circuit components, giving the compressor its signature sound. In use, the LA-610 MkII packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front-end for tracking with modern DAWs.
The main features of the Universal Audio LA610 Mk2 include:
- All-tube mic preamp design derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 opto-compressor section
- MkII exclusive features include: true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and auto-switching power supply
- Mic pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and instrument DI for recording tone “color”
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Complete vintage channel strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- Backed by 1-Year limited warranty
Universal Audio LA-610 MkII Additional Information