- Additional Information
Universal Audio Apollo Twin SOLO MKII Product Description
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin Solo MKII features a completely new design, with the next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion revamped for improved dynamic range ultra-low THD. The Apollo Twin Solo MKII, Thunderbolt includes an on-board realtime UAD DSP Processor, giving you immense processing power when it comes to plug-ins, allowing you to add studio-grade effects to your inputs on the fly. The 2x6 Thunderbolt configuration delivers unparalleled accuracy and depth when it comes to your recordings, retaining the natural harmonic qualities while bringing out the best from your source material. This exceptional sonic accuracy can be found on hit recordings from Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay and more. The exterior of the interface has also seen a redesign, with its same familiar configuration now housed in a sleek, dark-grey finish that will match any studio setup.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology
Apollo Twin Solo MKII’s Unison technology produces one of the most sought-after tones in the world, delivering the authentic analog warmth and sound normally reserved for tube and transformer-based microphone preamps. The attention to detail brings out the best from your recordings, utilising the signature impedance, gain staging and component-level circuit behaviours to deliver the best possible audio performance on the market. The Unison technology lets you record at near-zero latency through a range of preamp emulations such as the UA 610-B Tube Preamp (included). The result is an authentic analog sound unmatched by other audio interfaces. The technology is also found on the front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing the best impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from the most popular manufacturers.
Controls & Connectivity
The superior build quality and premium-grade components of the Twin Solo MKII’s audio interface makes it perfectly suited to any studio or home recording environment, with its compact design making it highly portable. The unit itself features 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps as well as 2 line outputs and a front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output. This wide range of connectivity means you can capture studio-grade recordings for both vocals and instruments, allowing you to capture and track all your inputs with ease. 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs provide full resolution sound at all listening levels, meaning you can hear every nuance even when listening at lower levels. There are also 8 additional channels of digital input via the Optical TOSLINK connection, as well as an improved monitor functionality including monitor remote and controls.
The ergonomic layout of the Apollo Twin Solo MKII, Thunderbolt is designed to improve your overall workflow as well as the monitoring functionality. New Mono, Mute, DIM and ALT monitor controls have been included, streamlining your monitoring process. A built-in talkback mic also allows you to communicate with your recording artists, allowing you to give them cues and other instructions on the fly. The unique scalability of UAD devices means you can combine up to four Apollo interfaces an up to six UAD-2 devices in total, allowing you to expand your I/O and DSP to meet your needs. Additionally, the Twin Solo MKII comes complete with the Realtime Analog Classics UAD Plug-In bundle featuring Legacy version of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, Pultec EQP-1A EQ, 610-B Tube Preamp EQ and a whole lot more. The wide range of studio-grade effects allow you to further improve your recordings, adding subtle overtones and compression as you require it.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Single UAD DSP Processor for optimal processing power and audio performance
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Universal Audio Apollo Twin SOLO MKII Additional Information