- Additional Information
Universal Audio 4-710d Microphone Preamplifier Product Description
Boutique microphone preamplifiers with built in dynamics don’t come much better than the Universal Audio 4-710d, featuring four independent channels of tone Blending “Twin-Finity” Preamps and 1176-Style Compression with Built-In A/D Converters.
At the heart of the 4710d are four channels of tone-blending “Twin-Finity” mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings. Each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path. Send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access.
The eight analog inputs are digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz. Digital output is available via dual ADAT “lightpipe” or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors, facilitating integration with most popular audio interfaces.
The main features of the Universal Audio 4-710d include:
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
Universal Audio 4-710d Microphone Preamplifier Additional Information