- Additional Information
Tascam iXJ2 Product Description
The Tascam iXJ2 allows an Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPad or iPod Touch 4G to be used with preferred microphones or line level sources (instruments) to create CD-quality audio recordings. This handy extension is simply plugged into the dock connector of the iOS device and is connected with up to two mono or stereo sources that can be selected via a switch. Switchable plug-in power for small microphones and mono summing for news gathering are also available.
The built-in A/D converter ensures high audio quality and low noise. Separate input level controls and two-colour level indicators for the left and right channels make level adjustments easy, and a switchable limiter can reduce sudden peaks and thus protect against unforeseen overload.
The iXJ2 is powered through the dock connector, so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge the iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or a USB charger.
An appropriate 2-track recording application (Tascam PCM Recorder) for iOS devices can be downloaded from AppStore at no charge.
Tascam iXJ2 Key Features:
- Use your favourite microphones or line level (instrument) sources to create high-grade stereo audio recordings with an Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPad or iPod Touch 4G
- Internal A/D converter allow recordings in CD quality (44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Two unbalanced stereo input connectors (accept two mono or stereo sources)
- Input selection switch (A/B/STEREO)
- Switchable plug-in power
- Selectable mono summing for news gathering
- Limiter to avoid distorted recordings (selectable to either mono or stereo operation)
- Separate input level rotary controls for channels L and R
- Separate input level indicators for channels L and R (green/red)
- Power supply via dock connector, no battery required
- USB connector available for recharging the iOS device
- Easy setup (attaches to the device’s dock connector)
- Tascam 2-track recording app can be downloaded from the Apple AppStore at no charge
Tascam iXJ2 Additional Information
|Type||iOS Audio Interface|
|Max Sample Rate||44.1 kHz|