- Additional Information
Tascam IUR2 Product Description
The iUR2 is a premium sound-quality audio interface for Windows and Macintosh Computers that can also be used with Apple iPad/iPad 2, iPhone 4/4S or iPod Touch 4G. It includes all of the features of Tascam’s best-selling USB audio interfaces, including a pair of high-quality microphone inputs. The XLR inputs have phantom power for use with studio condenser microphones. These feed an onboard microphone preamp and A/D converter for better sound performance than those built into the iOS device – true stereo recording with low noise and less tendency to distort. The inputs also accept line-level signals or you can plug a guitar or bass directly into your device.
A zero-latency monitoring path allows musicians to hear themselves directly through the unit, without any distracting delay. MIDI in and out are provided to interface with synths and drum machines, and a digital output connects to digital mixers or recorders.
An appropriate 2-track recording application (Tascam PCM Recorder) can be downloaded from AppStore at no charge.
- USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI interface that works with Mac OS and Windows (supports WDM as well as CoreAudio and CoreMIDI)
- Can also be used with iPad/iPad 2, iPhone 4/4S or iPod Touch 4G
- TRS balanced mic/line input (up to 24 dBu input level)
- Phantom power for condenser microphone (needs external USB power)
- Left channel switchable to instrument level
- Latency-free direct input monitoring
- Coaxial digital output
- RCA unbalanced line output
- Headphones output
- Audio resolution:
- 44.1 kHz/16-bit with iOS devices
- 48 kHz/16-bit and 44.1 kHz/16-bit with Mac/PC
- Supplies power to the iOS unit when connected to a USB bus
- Supports iOS 4.3 and later
- Can act as a docking station for synchronization (30-pin connector only)
- Tascam 2-track recording app can be downloaded from AppStore at no charge
- TRS/XLR conversion cables included to connect sources with standard XLR cables
- Mini jack/MIDI conversion cables included
Tascam IUR2 Additional Information