- Additional Information
Tascam iM2 - Black Product Description
The Tascam iM2 turns an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a high-quality stereo recorder. It consists of a pair of condenser microphones – the same high quality as Tascam’s best-selling DR-series recorders – and plugs into the dock connector of your Apple device. The uni-directional microphone elements are adjustable over 180 degrees for the best sound placement. They are arranged in an AB pattern for detailed stereo imaging while capturing the ambience of your room.
The iM2 contains its own microphone preamp and analogue-to-digital converter for low noise and high audio quality. Unlike mics that use the built-in iPhone preamp, the iM2 can handle sound levels up to 125 dB to capture the loudest concerts and instruments without distortion.
Also contained in the iM2 is a stereo limiter to tame sudden loud sounds. The input level can be adjusted with a dial on the side without even looking at the unit. It’s powered through the dock connector so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge your iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or an optional AC adapter.
Tascam iM2 Key Features:
- Turns your Apple iPhone 4, iPad or iPod Touch 4G into a PCM audio recorder
- High-grade stereo condenser microphone (same as Tascam DR-2d) with built-in analogue/digital converter for high-quality sound recording (44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Attaches to the unit’s dock connector
- Accepts sound pressure level up to 125 dB SPL
- Microphone can be swivelled by 180 degrees to capture sound sources in front or behind the unit
- Input level control
- Limiter to avoid overload
- Power supply via dock connector, no battery required
- USB connector available for recharging the Apple device
- Tascam 2-track recording app can be downloaded from AppStore at no charge
- Available in black (iM2) or white (iM2W)
Tascam iM2 - Black Additional Information
|Frequency Response||10 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||125 dB SPL|
|Circuit Type||Solid State|