- Additional Information
Tascam DR-680 Portable Multi-Channel Recorder Product Description
The TASCAM DR-680 brings multi-channel portable recording within reach of any musician for polished live, location and surround recordings. Up to eight tracks can be recorded to solid-state SD card media at 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV quality. Six mic inputs provide phantom power and 60dB of gain for great-sounding recordings with your condenser microphones. Record the six microphones along with a digital S/PDIF source for 8 track recording. Each mic input has a selectable low cut filter and analog limiter for optimal sound.
Inputs can be monitored using a built-in mixer with level and pan controls for each input. The stereo mixdown can even be recorded along with the six mics for quick stereo playback of the event. There's even a built-in speaker to check recordings without headphones.
In addition to WAV recording up to 96kHz, the DR-680 captures stereo audio at 192kHz/24-bit for audiophile-quality masters. The DR-680 records up to four channels of MP3 audio for web-ready recordings. Two of the recorders can be connected with a cascade cable for up to 14-track recording on battery power.
Multi-channel portable recording has never been as simple or affordable as the TASCAM DR-680.
The optional, weather-resistant CS-DR680 case prepares your DR-680 for recording in the field, with velcro straps that reveal only what's needed during recording.
Tascam DR-680 Key Features:
- 8-track portable recording
- Record eight individual inputs or six inputs plus a stereo mixdown
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV file resolution for 8 channels
- Stereo 192kHz/24-bit recording mode
- 4-channel MP3 recording
- Digital monitor mixing (level and pan) with recordable stereo mixdown
- Ideal for surround music and effects recording
- Cascade function for running two units together
- Pre-recording feature
- Auto-recording mode begins recording when the input reaches a certain level
- Mark function during recording/playback
- Edit functions such as divide and delete
- 128x64 backlit LCD display
- Powered through (8x) AA batteries or (included) PS-1225L adapter
- Records to SD/SDHC card media (not included)
- Premium AKM Audio4Pro™ 192kHz A/D converters with over 100dB signal to noise ratio
Tascam DR-680 Physical specifications:
- (6) mic pres with 60dB of gain and phantom power
- (4) XLR/1/4" (combi) mic/line inputs and (2) TRS 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Low cut filter and limiter on each input
- (6) RCA unbalanced line outputs
- S/PDIF digital in and out
- USB 2.0 (mini B) connection for computer
- Built-in speaker
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Included accessories: PS-1225L power supply, shoulder strap
- Dimensions: 7.95" W x 2.12" H x 6.93" D (202mm x 54mm x 176mm)
- Weight 2.65 lbs (1.2kg) without batteries
Tascam DR-680 Portable Multi-Channel Recorder Additional Information
|Connectivity||Digital In, Digital Out, Headphones, Line In, Mic In, USB 2.0|
|Storage Medium||SD Card, SDHC Card|
|Rec Format||16 Bit, 24 Bit, MP3|