Tascam DR-07X Portable Audio Recorder & USB Audio Interface
Record clean and clear audio anywhere
DR-07X bring high-quality recording to an easy-to-use portable powerhouse with a size and price that anyone can handle. A pair of condenser microphones handles small to loud sound up to 125dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail.
Simple to operate.
The layout of the DR-07X has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away.
Adjustable microphone for preferred stereo image
DR-07X is equipped with adjustable unidirectional microphones that can be used for recording in both the A-B position and X-Y position. Advanced microphone placing allows for a wide stereo sound recording or a clear stereo sound recording with less phase difference, making it possible to achieve professional quality recordings.
What is A-B and X-Y stereo?
For example, even if you want to record acoustic guitar duo one day and large choir or band concert on the other day, you can change microphone configuration and set it for more suitable stereo capturing. A-B configuration is for more far image that capture wider horizon. On the other hand X-Y can prevent missing sweet center spot, so it is more suitable for tight image.
Extended battery life
dr-07x uses only two AA batteries and has ultra-long battery capability. When using built-in microphones, recording lasts 17.5 hours when recording with standard 2ch WAV, 44.1kHz/ 16bit format using alkaline batteries. Also dr-07x can be powered by a USB mobile battery as well for super long extended use.
Turning your room into a studio – in a minute.
Connecting to a PC with USB Audio interface mode, DR-07X becomes a strong yet easy gear for voiceover work, live streaming and songwriting with studio-quality audio. Built-in microphones work as just as USB microphones without complicated settings.
- High-quality unidirectional stereo condenser microphones that can record in both A-B and X-Y positions according to the situation
- Support multiple languages for menu (ENG/FRA/DEU/ITA/ESP/RUS/PRT/JPN/CHI/KOR)
- Overwrite function for Punch-In recording with one level of Undo
- Functions as a 2in/ 2out USB Audio Interface for Mac, PC or iOS recording
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL
- Peak reduction function
- Self timer recording function
- Seamless gain control
- Three low cut filter levels (40/80/120Hz)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments)
- Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
- Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
- Divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback function
- Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON
- Jump back and play (1 to 10 sec in 1 sec increments, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec)
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- High-quality 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible
- microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC (up to 128GB) cards can be used as recording media
- Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track Mark information can be utilized by BWF compatible software
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
- Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
- Playlist function
- A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
- Stereo mini jack for external stereo microphones (provides plug-in power) / External line input
- Stereo mini line output / Headphone output connector
- 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520E)
- Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit
- Recording Media microSD card (64MB to 3GB), microSDHC card (4GB to 32GB), microSDXC card (up to 128GB)
- File System FAT16/32
- Recording File Format
- WAV / BWF
- Sampling Frequency 44.1k / 48k / 96k Hz
- Bit-depth 16 / 24-bit
- Sampling Frequency 44.1k / 48k Hz
- Bit-rate for recording 32k / 64k / 96k / 128k / 192k / 256k / 320k bps
- Playback Bit-rate 32k to 320k bps, VBR, ID3TAG Ver. 2.4
- Number of Channels 2-channel (Stereo) / 1-channel (Mono)
- Playback speed control 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments) * 44.1k/48kHz only
- Built-in Microphone Unidirectional, Stereo (switchable between A-B and X-Y positions)
- MIC/EXT IN
- Connector 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Mini jack (Unbalanced, Plug-in Power)
- Nominal Input Level –20dBV
- Maximum Input Level –4dBV
- Input Impedance 18kΩ or more (PLUG IN PWR: OFF)
- 2kΩ or more (PLUG IN PWR: ON)
- PHONES/LINE OUT
- Connector 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Mini jack (Unbalanced)
- for LINE connection
- Nominal Output Level –14dBV (10kΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level +2dBV (10kΩ load)
- Output Impedance 12Ω
- for Headphones connection
- Maximum Output Power 20mW + 20mW (32Ω load)
- Connector USB Micro B-type
- Format USB2.0 HIGH-SPEED
- Built-in Speaker 0.3W, Mono
- Low-cut Filter 40 / 80 / 120Hz
- Chromatic Tuner C1 to B6, A4 = 435Hz to 445Hz (in 1Hz increments)
- Effector 6 presets (Hall 1, Hall 2, Room, Studio, Plate 1, Plate 2)
- Tripod attachment screw-hole 1/4" Tripod attachment screw-hole
- Power 2 AA Batteries, USB bus power, AC 100 to 240V (optional AC Adapter)
- Power Consumption 1.7 W (Max)
- Battery Operation Time
- Alkaline (EVOLTA) approx. 17.5 hours (2ch WAV, 44.1kHz, 16-bit, using Built-in Microphone, JEITA)
- Ni-MH (eneloop) approx. 15.5 hours (2ch WAV, 44.1kHz, 16-bit, using Built-in Microphone, JEITA)
- Dimensions (W×H×D) 2.67" × 6.22" × 1.02" / 68 × 158 × 26 mm
- Weight 4.5 oz. / 127 g
- Frequency Response
- Fs 44.1kHz 20Hz to 20kHz, +1/–3dB (EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
- Fs 48kHz 20Hz to 22kHz, +1/–3dB (EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
- Fs 96kHz 20Hz to 40kHz, +1/–3dB (EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.05% or less (Fs 44.1k/48k/96kHz, EXT I Not LINE OUT, JEITA)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 92 dB or higher (Fs 44.1k/48k/96kHz, EXT I Not LINE OUT, JEITA)
- Computer Windows PC with USB2.0 or USB3.0 port
- CPU Dual Core, 2GHz or faster (x86)
- Memory 2GB or more
- CPU Power PC, iMac, G3, G4, G5 266MHz or faster
- Memory 64MB or more
- USB USB2.0 recommended
- Model Name:
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.