- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
Tascam DA6400 Product Description
TASCAM’s DA-6400 is an all-new 64-track recorder that records to an internal SSD drive caddy for live and event recording. Professional I/O options like MADI and DANTE make it ideal for live recording, event capture, or as a backup for critical DAW sessions. Available with a single or dual/redundant power supply, the DA-6400 is an unbeatable option for professional remote recording.
Included with the DA-6400 is an AK-CC25 hot-swappable caddy containing a high-performance 240GB TASCAM solid-state drive. The caddy includes a USB 3 jack for stand-alone use – simply hand the drive to the client to offload the BWAV files into their DAW session. The DA-6400 records 64 tracks at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit. Included on the rear panel are SMPTE timecode, word clock, RS-422, parallel and Ethernet connections.
I/O options for the DA-6400 include the IF-MA64/EX interface card, with both coaxial and optical MADI connections. This card includes a redundant coaxial connection so that MADI is passed through even if power is lost, making it an ideal backup recorder for DAW sessions. Other I/O options include the lower-cost IF-MA64/BN coaxial MADI card, IF-DA64 Dante card, and IF-AE16 AES/EBU card, with more to come.
No dedicated recorder combines the high performance, flexible operation, and complete reliability of TASCAM’s DA-6400 solid-state 64-track recorder.
Features at a glance
- Supports recording/playback of 64 channels at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 channels at 96kHz/24-bit PCM
- The perfect backup recording system for synchronized capture with Pro Tools systems
- 2.5-inch SSD recording media with excellent vibration and environmental resistance as well as maintenance-free operation.
- (Note: HDD support currently under development)
- Includes TASCAM SSD – designed with custom controller parts and thoroughly tested using DA-6400 units
- Hot swappable AK-CC25 case loads into front-loaded storage bay with USB 3 I/O port for transfer to DAW computer
- AK-CC25 with TASCAM 240GB SSD drive included with unit
- Hi-visibility Color LCD (320×120 pixels)
- BWF support for storing time information with files
- Two I/O slots for optional audio interface cards:
- IF-MA64/EX 64-channel redundant (in/out/thru) MADI optical/coaxial interface card
- IF-MA64/BN 64-channel MADI coaxial interface card
- IF-DA64 64-channel Dante interface card
- IF-AE16 16-channel AES/EBU interface card
- SMPTE LTC timecode input and output for location synchronization
- Firmware upload over USB port
- Parallel remote control input
- RS-422 serial remote control (9-pin serial protocol compliant)
- Gigabit LAN (1000BASE-T Ethernet) for file transfer, remote control and monitoring over a network
- SNTP server support for automatic adjustment of the internal clock over a network
- Video reference (NTSC/PAL blackburst signals and HDTV Tri-level signals) and word clock input and output/thru
- EIA 1U rackmount size
- IEC 3-pin inlet
- iPad and computer applications for remote control
- AC power redundancy built in (DA-6400dp only)
Tascam DA6400 Additional Information
|Internal Memory||Information Not Available|
Tascam DA6400 Alternative Products
£2,931.00 Inc VAT