- Additional Information
Tascam CG-2000 Product Description
The CG Series includes three distinct models tailored to different types of studios.The CG-2000 is designed for the needs of broadcasting and post production, the CG-1800 for small to large-scale video/audio synchronization systems, and the CG-1000 for recording studios, live sound applications and professional musicians.
The crystal oscillator is the heart of the clock generator. In each model of the CG Series, an OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) is used for its high precision, and the fact it is not influenced by the temperature of the environment. Boasting a clock frequency precision of 0.01 ppm*1, which exceeds that of a TCXO (temperature-compensated crystal oscillator), this unit is key in the creation of high-precision synchronization systems - with word output frequency stability of ±0.005ppm or less per day.
The CG-2000 is equipped with an external input connector that supports a 10MHz signal. This allows it to be connected to a rubidium clock or GPS clock for even higher precision.
External clock jitter is reduced using an original TASCAM circuit design that incorporates a high-performance video clock generator engineered with a FPGA*2 and a PLL (phase-locked loop) circuit with a discrete filter. This enables a stable clock signal to be provided to the video/word outputs - improving system stability. The glitch-free relock circuit prevents noise and skipping sounds caused by master clock dropouts.
In addition to (12) word clock outputs and (4) video outputs, the digital outputs include (2) AES3/AES11 and (2) S/PDIF outputs, making this unit useful for large-scale audio/video synchronization systems, and a wide variety of other applications. Of the (12) word outputs, two also support x2Fs, x4Fs and 256Fs output - enabling them to be used in systems with ProTools and other DAW software.
- Two power supply circuits for redundancy
- Supports video reference/word clock redundancy
- Internal clock uses a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that is not influenced by the temperature of the environment
- External input connector that supports 10 MHz, allowing creation of systems with even higher precision
- Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
- Numerous output connectors, including twelve Wordclock outputs, enabling the use in large-scale audio synchronization systems
- Supports input and output of a variety of video signal formats, including NTSC, PAL and HD Tri-level
- AES3 and AES11 signals can also be used for external master clock input sources
- Analyzer function that can measure output device termination
- Optimal levels can be provided to other devices by adjusting Wordclock output levels
- Self-calibration function using an external oscillator (Atomic/GPS 10MHz, GPS PPS) (requires a separate PPS-output 10 MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna)
- Wordclock performance up to 192 kHz
- 0.1% pull-up/down for 24F (Film) and 29.97F (NTSC), and 4% pull-up/down for 24F (Film) and 25F (PAL)
- Up to four system settings can be saved to buttons for recall, and saved settings can be imported and exported via USB
- Durable Amphenol manufactured nut-coupling BNC connectors
- Independent circuit boards for each connector prevents contact failures due to twisting
- Panel-lock switch can be used to prevent inadvertent changes to unit operation
- 128 x 64-pixel organic EL display with a wide viewing angle
- Firmware updates possible using the USB port
- 1U rackmount
Tascam CG-2000 Additional Information