- Additional Information
Tascam 2488neo Product Description
The 2488neo is TASCAM's latest take on its 24-track, 24-bit recorder. Sporting eight mic inputs, it's one of the few recorders able to record and mix a full band. A new batch of mastering effects joins the reverb, amp simulation, compression and EQ processing to create and burn finished-sounding CDs in a stand-alone unit. With TASCAM's simple interface, great-sounding preamps and chart-ready effects the 2488neo is the ultimate 24-track production machine.
Eight microphone inputs, four XLR and four 1/4", accept condenser and dynamic microphones for recording. A guitar/bass input is also available for recording directly to the 80GB internal hard drive. Multi-effects like chorus, delay, compression and reverb are available while recording, and a reverb processor on a send/return buss can be added to all tracks. Also available during mixing are 3-band EQ and up to 8 dynamics processors, plus stereo compression on the mix. Tracks can be edited using copy/paste, insert, looping and other functions, with the waveform displayed on the LCD screen for precision edits. If you prefer to edit on a computer, you can import and export tracks as WAV files over USB 2.0.
Once your mix is finalized, record it using a dedicated stereo master track. You can later add mastering effects like EQ and multi-band compression for a radio-ready sound before burning it to CD or transferring to computer. TASCAM's 2488neo is the simplest path to creating pro-sounding mixes in a compact, affordable, purpose-built system.
- New mastering effects include multiband compression, EQ and noise shaping for pro-sounding CD mixes
- 80GB internal hard drive
- 3-band EQ on 24 channels, 8-inputs and stereo bus with high and low sweepable shelving bands and full parametric mid band
- Three aux sends on all channels except the effects return
- Loop effect provides reverb, delay, chorus and more on an aux send and return
- Assignable Guitar multi-effects processor for overdrive, distortion, chorus, delay, flange and more
- Up to eight assignable dynamics processors for compression during recording or mixdown
- Dedicated Stereo Compressor on the stereo output
- Eight inputs: 4 XLR with phantom power double as 1/4" mic/line inputs, plus four more 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Nineteen 45mm faders including master fader
- LCD display for viewing meters and edit parameters
- 250 Virtual tracks
- CD-RW drive to record Audio CDs, import/export WAV files and backup hard drive
- High-speed USB 2.0 jack connects to PC or Mac for data backup and SMF/WAV file
- Recording resolution: 44.1kHz, 16-bit or 24-bit
Tascam 2488neo Additional Information
|Connectivity||Headphones, Line In, Line Out, USB 2.0|
|Rec Format||16 Bit, 24 Bit|