- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
Steinberg CI2 Advanced Integration USB Studio Product Description
Steinberg CI2 Advanced Integration USB Studio boasts two major strengths. There’s the great sounding two-channel XLR combo interface equipped with two sophisticated microphone preamps with 48V phantom power, one HI-Z for direct guitar input and a footswitch connector for Interactive Recording. This is enhanced by the controller section featuring the innovative AI Knob and Action Pad, both of which provide intuitive control through seamless integration into Cubase AI 5 start making music immediately without setup or assigning parameters.
The interface, developed and manufactured by Yamaha in cooperation with Steinberg, is connected to the computer over USB. It is bus-powered, so no additional power supply is needed. As a smart extra, especially for mobile workplaces, a Kensington lock connector was added to protect the interface against theft.
What makes the CI2 package so special is that the engineers from Steinberg and Yamaha kept the needs of recording beginners in their minds during the entire development process:
The Project Assistant provides a wealth of ready-made templates for different styles and tasks like recording, mixing, producing and mastering.
The templates contain the number of channels, effects, dynamics, amp simulators and channel inserts — tailored to the user’s particular needs. The user starts up Cubase AI 5, hits the AI Knob and scrolls down the list of provided templates. The chosen template is selected by pushing the AI Knob a second time. A new project is created with audio input and output routings, all effects, amp simulator, sounds and much more.
Now that the project has been created, the users can begin recording instantly using the "Interactive Recording" feature. This is basically a sequence of up to six transport functions. Every step of the sequence is triggered by the Action Pad on the CI2. Of course, these steps are user-definable so that artists can tailor this recording mode to their individual needs. Interactive Recording finally does away with mouse operations during recording, and helps to maintain the creative flow. Instead of the Action Pad, this functionality can also be operated by an optional footswitch.
Especially for guitarists, this feature particularly allows for a hands-free recording workflow. By pressing the footswitch, all steps during the recording process can be ran through without any distracting hand or mouse activity. That way, the artist can concentrate on their music and the recording process uninterruptedly.
One of the most innovative features of CI2 is the revolutionary AI Knob, which is a "point and control" precision controller. Rather than attempting to replace traditional mouse pointing devices, the AI Knob harnesses the flexibility of a computer mouse to offer unprecedented speed when editing parameters and adjusting settings.
So when all tracks have been recorded, the AI Knob on the CI2 is the ideal tool for editing and mixing. By simply moving the mouse pointer over any parameter of a plug-in, mixer or instrument, the value can be easily adjusted by turning the AI know. Furthermore, by pressing the AI Knob, a special mode called "Browse Mode" is entered. It allows e.g. selecting sounds from the library by turning and pushing the AI Knob.
- A no-worry full-system solution to record music at an unbeatable price point
- Easy to use with the Project Assistant — especially for beginners
- Browse functionality helps and assists throughout the project
- Interactive recording functionality allows hands-free recording with the optional footswitch and the optional mic stand adapter
- Advanced Integration system: totally integrated tactile control of the Steinberg Cubase range of production systems, maintaining complete focus on the project
- Ultra-precision AI controller knob: “point and control” support: controls any Cubase, FX or VSTi parameter using mouse-pointer selection for exhilarating speed
- AI-ready LED: when the LED lights up, the CI2 is ready to go! Instant plug and play — no additional setup or parameter assigning required
- Two high-quality mic preamps with +48V phantom power with a fully USB-powered audio interface giving total freedom of mobile recording elaborate
- Outstanding engineering and component quality: precision components, manufactured by Yamaha to exacting standards
- Mac and PC compatible: cross-platform support for Cubase on Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista
Steinberg CI2 Advanced Integration USB Studio Additional Information
|Application||Home Studio Recording, Professional Studio Recording|