- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
SPL Phonitor - Black Product Description
A well chosen system of SPL Phonitor (Black) and headphones can by and large replace loudspeakers and offers all that is required for a successful session long listening periods without ear fatigue.
We therefore refer to the Phonitor as a headphone monitoring amplifier.
The basis for this high-end development is our proven 120 volts reference technology based on handmade operation amplifiers. 120 volts corresponds to approximately four times the performance of standard analogue audio semiconductor technologies and twice that of the most powerful designs. Through such 120 volts circuitry and processing we reach performance levels far beyond conventional designs in dynamic range and distortion levels, and the main technical specifications in music reproduction exceeds all known analogue or digital standards.
Set up your own monitor sound and take it everywhere.
In addition to its standard monitoring functions the Phonitor offers new controls such as “Crossfeed“, “Speaker Angle“ and “Center Level“. These are the essential parameters that create the width, balance and overall space within a listening field and how we recognize them coming from the loudspeaker. Crossfeed simulates the frequency dependent interaural level differences from both channels. Speaker Angle determines the stereo width caused by frequency dependent interaural time differences. Center Level regulates the balance between phantom centre and L/R stereo signals.
Aside from its outstanding abilities as a loudspeaker substitute, the Phonitor offers well equipped studios a fully functional monitoring alternative.
In addition one can take along the Phonitor into an unfamiliar studio or production environment that always provides the engineers or producers own monitor sound.
Furthermore, with the Phonitor one can simply enjoy music as it was originally mixed, namely for playback over loudspeakers.
Unbalanced connections, e. g. to and from RCA or TS Jack
You can establish unbalanced connections easily and without adaptors – for example from CD-Players with RCA outputs or to (HiFi) power amplifiers with RCA inputs. In any case we recommend to use readily configured cables from XLR to the respective RCA or TS/TRS connector to dispense with adaptors. Ask your dealer for configured cables. It is important to pay attention to the correct polarity of the three XLR wires. With the XLR pin configuration diagram in our manuals any audio expert can ensure to select or configure appropriate cables.
- Frequency Response: ‹10Hz to ›200kHz (-3dB)
- CMR:-80dBu (@1kHz, 0dBu input level and unity gain)
- Crosstalk: -67dB (@1kHz)
- THD: 0,005% (@ 1kHz, 0dBu input level and unity gain)
- Noise: -97dBu (A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range: 129,5dB (@ 600 Ohms Impedance)
- (XLR connections, electronically balanced)
- Impedance: ca. 20 Ohms balanced/ca. 10 Ohms unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level: +24dBu
- XLR Connections: Input thru, electronically balanced
- Headphone Output: 6,3 mm stereo TRS connection
- Pin Wiring Tip = left, Ring = right, Shaft = GND, Impedance: 9 Ohms
- Max. Output Performance:
- 1,7W (+32,2dBm) @ 1 kHz and 600 Ohms connection
- 360mW (+25,6dBm) @ 1 kHz and 30 Ohms connection
- VU Meter: Input levels from -20dB to +5dB
- Signal LED: Input signals from -22dBu
- Overload LED: Displays input overload from +21dBu
- Voltages: 230V AC, 50Hz/120V AC, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: max 23,7VA
- Fuses (slow blow): 200-240V AC: 500mA/100-120V AC: 1A
Dimensions & Weight
- H x W x D (mm): 106 x 216 x 393 (H w/o Feet 88mm/2U)
- Weight: 4,05kg
SPL Phonitor - Black Additional Information