- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
sE Electronics X1 Microphone Packages
sE Electronics X1 Microphone Product Description
Cardioid by design for the perfect balance of tone and isolation
Multipattern mics are great when the job calls for extra versatility, but a fixed cardioid condenser microphone like the sE X1 offers consistency and a simpler, more direct signal path. The result is a kind of clarity and low-noise performance you're bound to hear in your mix. And since, in the majority of cases, you're going to want a cardioid polar pattern anyway, the sE X1 provides the performance you need, without making you pay for features you may not need.
A go-to choice for all kinds of vocals and acoustic instruments
Male, female - it doesn't matter to the sE X1. Its smooth and forgiving sound brings out the fullness in any kind of vocal style. This same broad and somewhat flattering tone also makes the sE X1 an excellent microphone choice when you're tracking acoustic instruments, especially when it comes to the extended range of the acoustic guitar.
Switchable pad and bass rolloff provide added versatility
When you're up against a particularly boomy or overwhelmingly loud sound source, such as when you're close miking a guitar cabinet or acoustic guitar's soundhole, the sE X1 offers you a couple of tricks that will help you get the best possible sound, right at the source. For starters, there's an onboard highpass filter, which serves double duty by cutting out any low-frequency vibrations coming up through the mic stand and by mitigating the proximity effect you'll get when you place your mic right up along any sound source. If that's not enough to keep your preamp from overloading, just kick in the sE X1's -10dB pad for the extra headroom you need.
- A large-diaphragm condenser microphone that's excellent for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Hand-made 1" capsule and extremely clear signal path provide a wide-open sound
- Fixed cardioid polar pattern provides tonal consistency and excellent off-axis sound rejection
- Switchable -10dB pad lets you get the extra headroom you need when miking loud sound sources
- Switchable highpass filter cuts out low-frequency rumble and reduces proximity effect
- Extremely durable black rubber paint finish holds up like a champ even with heavy use
- Requires +48V phantom power
sE Electronics X1 Microphone Additional Information
|Microphone Impedance||≤ 200 Ohms|
|Microphone Sensitivity||-32 dBV/Pa (25.1mV/Pa)|
|Circuit Type||Solid State|