sE Electronics V Kick Compact Kick Microphone
The V KICK is the most compact and versatile drum microphone in its class, intended for use with kick (bass) drums and other sources such as miking bass guitar speaker cabinets, floor toms or other large drums where low-frequency energy is of the utmost importance. Its integrated swivel joint allows for any required mic placement, and its specialized capsule provides a sound character tailored specifically for kick drums, which can be further shaped with the use of two switches on the rear side of the microphone. From warm and classic to modern and aggressive, the V KICK gives you any kick drum sound you need.
From Classic to Modern: Switchable sonic voicing
Two switches on the rear side of the V KICK allow you four different sound settings, great for tailoring the sound for your specific project – and ideal for live shows with multiple bands and short changeovers. And since they’re on the back of the mic, these switches are still accessible even if the V KICK is placed inside a kick drum. With the V KICK, you can always make the right choice with just a single microphone.
The left-hand switch shapes the microphone’s overall voicing, with two selectable options. “Classic” provides a more traditional kick drum sound with a familiar low frequency punch and a warmer, more rounded sound. If a more contemporary, aggressive sound is desired, the “Modern” setting emphasizes the low end and high end (a “scooped” sound).
The right-hand switch specifically tailors the microphone’s high-frequency character. “Classic” provides a typical bite in the upper midrange (presence boost) and a more rounded and familiar sound, while “Modern” provides an open, clear and transient-rich top end for a more contemporary, aggressive drum sound. Each of these switches is recessed slightly into the mic body to prevent unintentional adjustment, and requires a small flathead screwdriver or similar implement to switch between settings.
The V KICK also has an integrated swivel joint that allows for easy positioning inside or outside a kick drum. Its extremely low profile allows it to fit easily through the drum head port, and the XLR cable and mic stand mount are in parallel to minimize cable clutter.
The most compact kick drum mic on the market
The V KICK’s extremely low profile allows for effortless placement outside or inside a kick drum, with a wide range of swivel for easy positioning. And with the stand mount and the XLR connector mounted side-by-side in parallel on the underside of the mic, your mic cables stay flush with the mic stand – no cable clutter, completely minimal footprint, and easy to place anywhere.
The heart of the V KICK: the DMC7 SB capsule The all-new custom DMC7 SB capsule offers the same technologies and features as its siblings within the acclaimed V7 and V7 X, including the innovative, specialized aluminum voice coil. While the V7 X is optimized for most other instruments, the capsule in the V KICK has been custom-tuned for the very lowest and loudest tones. With aluminum being a much lighter material than the industry standard (copper), it delivers an open and transient-rich sound, with effortless capture of low frequency energy and punch. The midrange is also extremely balanced, supporting the natural resonances of percussive instruments.
The excellent off-axis rejection of this sophisticated capsule also helps isolate your kick drum from other sound sources on the stage - efficiently reducing stage bleed and spill from snare, toms, hi-hat and more. The supercardioid pattern also allows you to easily tailor the bottom-end by adjusting the proximity effect – i.e. distance to the sound source.
Proven Neodymium magnets, tight production tolerances and high workmanship ensure excellent sensitivity, high-end sound quality and superb consistency.
Unique, patented integrated capsule suspension
The V KICK’s advanced internal capsule suspension efficiently decouples the capsule from mechanical vibration, isolating it from shocks & jolts and eliminating the need for an external shock mount.
All-metal housing & spring steel grille
The V KICK's road-ready chassis is all metal, with no fragile plastic parts. The chassis' high quality, highly durable die-cast zinc alloy is designed to hold up under on-stage stress for years, the spring steel mesh grille is dent-proof and corrosion-free for perfect reliability, and the tightening knob for the swivel mount maintains a rock-solid hold on the V KICK in any position.
The red internal windscreen efficiently reduces unwanted popping, plosives and wind noise - and in case you prefer a more visually subtle black windscreen, we have also included one as a standard accessory.
Gold-plated XLR connector
The V KICK's gold-plated XLR connector ensures a loss-free and reliable signal connection for years to come.
Knurled nut for other mounting accessories
Some popular drum mic mounting systems (such as the LP® Mic Claw) include a knurled nut to secure the mic in position. However, these third-party nuts may partially block the XLR connector on the V KICK due to its extremely space-efficient design – so we have included a knurled nut with a smaller outer diameter to solve this problem for you.
Highlightstwo switches instantly provide four different sonic options
- from a classic kick sound with familiar punch, snap and warm low-end
- to a deep, ultra-modern sound with fat lows and crisp, transient-rich highs
- separate voicing (left) and high-frequency character (right) switches
- recessed switches to prevent accidental adjustments
- extremely low profile for effortless placement inside the drum
- wide swivel range for easy positioning outside
- integrated parallel stand adapter and XLR connector
- innovative aluminum voice coil for detailed lows and crystal-clear highs
- effortless capture of low frequency energy and punch
- delivers a balanced midrange that supports the natural resonances of percussive instruments
- powerful Neodymium magnet ensures high efficiency
- efficiently decouples the capsule from any mechanical vibration
- eliminates the need for an external shock-mount
- for superior isolation and rejection of unwanted noise
- efficiently reduces spill from snare, toms or hi-hat
- tailor the low-end easily by adjusting the distance to the sound source
- easily control the level of proximity effect & bass boost
- robust, rock-solid design – built for the road
- all metal chassis construction – no fragile plastic parts
- high quality, highly durable die-cast zinc alloy
- corrosion-free materials and finishing
- dent-proof and corrosion-free
- perfect durability and reliability
- efficiently reduces unwanted wind noise and plosives
- both red and black options included for personal preference
- for loss-free and reliable signal connection
- includes a smaller-diameter nut that does not block the XLR connector
- allows for use with other popular drum hardware systems such as the LP® Mic Claw
- Thread adapter
- Zipper pouch
- Spare black internal windscreen
- sE Logo sticker
- User manual with warranty card
- *other languages to be provided in the near future
- Knurled nut for LP Mic Claw
- Model Name:
- V Kick
- sE Electronics
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.