- Additional Information
Rode NTG4+ Product Description
The Rode NTG4+ Shotgun Microphone with Digital Switches and Built-In Rechargeable Battery is designed for ENG, filmmaking, field recording, sound design, and broadcast applications. The microphone builds upon the success of the company's NTG1 and NTG2 microphones with an updated capsule to deliver broadcast quality sound and digital switching options for versatile field operation.
Designed to be mounted on a boom, a handheld pistol grip, or atop a compact camera for run and gun style filmmaking, the microphone features a super-cardioid directional pickup pattern, a frequency range of 20 to 20,000 Hz, a sensitivity of -32 dB re 1 V/Pa, a dynamic range of 119 dB, a signal to noise-ratio of 78 dB SPL, and a maximum SPL of 135 dB from 48V phantom power (4.8 mA current draw) or the internal rechargeable lithium battery.
Along the body of the microphone is a power button with LED indicator as well as three digital switching buttons with LED indicators.
The first button provides a -10 dB pad on the input of the microphone to allow the recording of loud sounds without clipping.
The middle button turns on a 75 Hz high pass filter which is useful for reducing low frequency and infrasonic rumble from HVAC systems indoors or street traffic outdoors from over-powering the recording.
The third button is a high frequency boost. The value of the high frequency boost is in restoring some of the high frequency content that is often lost when a blimp or furry windshield is placed over the microphone. An added benefit is that the high frequency boost switch can help improve the intelligibility of recorded speech, especially useful for filmmaking and broadcast applications.
The NTG4+ includes a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery supplies the microphone with 150 hours of phantom power, which makes the NTG4+ especially desirable for run and gun mounting atop a DSLR or mirrorless camera system that would otherwise be unable to directly provide phantom power to the microphone. It takes approximately two hours to recharge the battery to full capacity using a standard Micro USB cable connected to a portable USB power pack or a USB wall adapter that are commonly used for charging most smartphones.
The microphone comes with an RM5 microphone clip, a foam windshield and a ZP1 pouch. The microphone also comes with a Micro USB cable.
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Internal rechargeable lithium battery, supplying over 150 hours operation
- Fully charged in under two hours via MicroUSB
- Rugged metal construction
- Convenient digital switching
- High Frequency Boost
- High Pass Filter (Flat/75Hz)
- PAD (-10db)
- MicroUSB cable included
- Ten year extended warranty with online registration
- Acoustic Principle: Line gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 to 20,000 Hz (selectable HPF at 75 Hz)
- Sensitivity: -32 dB re 1V/Pa (25 mV at 94 dB SPL) ± 2 dB at 1,000 Hz.
- Output Impedance: 200 ohm
- Equivalent Noise: 16 dBA SPL (per IEC651)
- Maximum Output: 7 dBu (at 1 kHz, 1% THD into 1 kOhm)
- Dynamic Range: 119 dB (per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 135 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB SPL (per IEC651)
- Battery: 150 hours of phantom power on a 2-hour charge
- Output Connection: 3-pin XLR, balanced output between Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-) and Pin 1 (ground)
- Dimensions: 0.87 x 10.94" (22.00 x 278.00 mm)
- Weight: 6.21 oz (176.00 g)
Whats In The Box
- Rode NTG4+
- RM5 Microphone Clip
- Foam Windshield
- ZP1 Pouch
- Micro USB Recharging Cable
- Limited 10-Year Warranty with Online Registration
Rode NTG4+ Additional Information