Rob Papen Blade 2 (Download) VST Synth Plugin
Frequently bought together
The original BLADE synthesizer released in 2012 had a unique concept in controlling the waveform harmonics (Harmolator) by using an XY pad. On top of that, the XY pad movement could also be recorded, edited, and played back tempo-based. This concept of BLADE meant that you could generate some very different sounds, compared to regular subtractive and even additive synthesizers.
With BLADE-2 we have expanded the features of BLADE even further again making it a dream synthesizer for synth lovers who like to think out of the box and love to experiment! Next to the Harmolator mode, we have now included an Additive mode which allows you to morph or mix between 4 additive waveforms using the XY pad. Of course, in addition to using these additive waves, you can also create and edit your own! Another new addition is a dedicated wave-analyze section that allows to analyze of sample data into a waveform, which then again can be used in the Harmolator or Additive section.
To expand the sound options, even more, BLADE-2 also includes an additional analog-type oscillator plus a noise oscillator. However, it doesn’t stop there, because it now has 32 different Filter types to help shape your sound further! The Arpeggiator section inside BLADE-2 has also received a huge update with some very cool new features. There are now two additional rows for controlling the X and Y position of the XY pad. Also new is the ‘ratcheting’ feature including different ratcheting modes.
- 16 Voice virtual synthesizer
- GUI size 100%, 125%, 150%, and 200%
- Different tunings possible using .tun files
- Responds to MIDI Program change and MIDI Bank Select
- Top GUI Section:
- Blade-2 uses a Preset/Bank menu to select and manage Presets.
- You may store up to 256 Presets, but the amount of factory Presets do not exceed 128 because of MIDI program change.
- The menu features: Quick Browser / Recently Browsed / Favourites / Default Preset/ Convert Blade 1 Bank or Preset / 100/125/150/200 Screen Size
- Blade-2 uses a Bank menu to select and manage bank Folders. The menu features: Create New Bank Folder
- Edit / Orig
- As soon as you start editing a Preset the Edit button will light up. If you click on the Orig button it will return the Preset to its original settings.
- ECS (External MIDI Control)
- The ECS button allows you to load and save the entire external MIDI controller setup. Once set, it is shared by all Presets and all instances of Blade-2 that are loaded into your DAW.
- The menu options are: Load ECS / Save ECS / Clear MIDI
- Opens up Blade-2’s PDF Manual.
- Opens Blade-2’s Easy Page.
- Bank Manager
- Opens Blade-2’s Bank Manager screen.
- Blade-2 Logo
- Clicking on the Blade-2 logo takes you to the Back Panel. The Back Panel shows global settings and infrequently accessed controls.
- Control Menu (3 lines ICON at the right-hand side)
- Clicking on the Control Menu icon will pop up the Control Menu, where you can set the screen size, set how Blade-2 reacts to MIDI, where it shows Graphic envelopes or dial controls and other options.
- PC: 32 & 64 bits VST and 64 bits AAX for Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
- (Note: PC AAX for PT 12 or higher)
- Mac: 64 bits AU, VST, and AAX, for OS-X 10.9 - 10.15.
- Serial/license system with activation whilst registering the product
- The activation system is offline, which means that there is no direct connection between the plugin and the robpapen.com homepage.
- The software can be installed on 2 of your own computer systems.
- Soon, compatible with the NI NKS system
- Model Name:
- Blade 2 (Download)
- Rob Papen
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.