- Additional Information
RME Fireface UC Product Description
The RME Fireface UC has been uncompromisingly optimized for highest performance under Windows and Mac OS. Based on a newly developed RME Hammerfall core the Fireface UC provides revolutionary ultra-low latencies even with multiple channels.
It uses two different firmware versions with different transfer methods to remove current restrictions of typical USB audio interfaces. The unit's operating mode Win or Mac can be changed directly at the unit at any time. Under Mac OS the Fireface's MIDI ports are class compliant, the operating system therefore automatically uses the included MIDI driver.
Under both Operating Systems the available latencies are simply sensational. The smallest buffer offered under Windows has 48 samples, under Mac OS X 14 samples. With this RME provides a performance previously not available from USB audio interfaces.
- Analog I/O - Eight analog inputs and outputs (all balanced, except outputs 7/8) with software controlled reference levels
- 2 balanced microphone inputs with a digitally controlled input stage
- Individually switchable 48V phantom power with Neutrik Combo connectors for XLR and TRS
- One ADAT I/O provides digital connection to mixers and converters.
- Word Clock input and output plus two MIDI I/Os (special breakout cable included)
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz on all I/Os (including 2 ADAT channels with SMUX4)
- Two digitally controlled Mic Preamps in high-end quality
- Two balanced universal inputs for line and instrument signals
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- Enhanced stand-alone operation with rotary encoder and front panel display
- TotalMix: 648-channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
- 54 Level Meter Peak/RMS, hardware-calculated
- 18 Input / 18 Output channels
- 8 x Analog I/O
- 1 x ADAT I/O or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical
- 1 x SPDIF I/O coaxial
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
- 2 x Mic Preamp with digitally controlled gain
Whats In The Box
- RME Fireface UC
- 2 In, 4 Out MIDI Breakout Cable
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- TotalMix Software (Windows & Mac)
- Windows XP (from SP2), Vista, Vista 64, 7: Full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM and ASIO 2.0. WDM (DirectSound) with stereo and multi-Channel support.
- Mac OS X (10.5 or higher) Intel: Core Audio, Core MIDI.
- Width: 218 mm
- Height: 44 mm
- Depth: 155 mm
- Weight: 1.5 Kg
RME Fireface UC Additional Information