- Additional Information
Presonus AIR10 Product Description
AIR10: Versatile, customizable, and easy to transport.
Compact and lightweight, AIR10 active loudspeakers provide a rich, extended low-end and natural high-frequency extension in an enclosure that will easily fit in the backseat of a small car. Backed by 1,200W (dynamic) of Class D/Class AB power and enhanced with easy-to-use digital tuning functions, the AIR10 gives you all the power and tools you need for both mobile and installed sound.
The best of two worlds.
Each type of power amplifier has advantages and disadvantages. By employing different amplifier types for each driver, AIR10 loudspeakers use the respective strengths of Class D and Class A/B amplifiers to provide optimal response throughout the speaker’s frequency range. A 500W (continuous), Class D amplifier powers the 10-inch low-frequency driver, providing efficient, clean low end when you need it. A 200W (continuous), Class AB amplifier powers the 1-inch high-frequency driver, delivering a natural sounding, "AIR-y" high end. The combination can deliver up to 121 dB SPL of sweet, clear sound between 55 Hz and 20 kHz.
Fast and easy customization.
The AIR10 loudspeaker is equipped with an easy-to-use signal processor that makes it simple to customize your loudspeakers with the push of a button. Presets customize the AIR10’s response for use as front-of-house mains; as monitor wedges; for music playback (e.g., for DJs); for enhanced low end and a warmer sound; and for improved speech intelligibility. Treble and bass controls let you boost or cut by 10 dB to compensate for room anomalies. Location presets let you optimize performance for stand and bracket mounting as well as flown installations.
Versatile mounting for a variety of applications.
The AIR10’s molded plastic cabinet can be mounted in several ways, providing tremendous versatility. The multi-angle enclosure sports nonskid rubber feet on the bottom for upright front-of-house use and nonskid rubber feet on one side for stage monitor applications. Rig the speaker using M10 fly points, yoke-mount it to walls or beams, or ground-stack it for portable applications. Mount it on a tripod or atop an AIR-series subwoofer using an optional sub pole. The integrated dual-position pole mount lets you aim the speaker level or at a 7.5˚ downward tilt. And the AIR10 is easy to transport, thanks to its top-mounted handle.
You’ll be floored.
If you place a loudspeaker against a hard surface such as a wall or floor, the low frequencies emitted from the rear of the enclosure propagate back into the room. This effect, called “half-space loading,” can increase the output of bass frequencies by as much as 6 dB, and it is an unavoidable issue with floor monitors. Most PA speakers in this class simply roll off excess low frequencies with a highpass filter—a half-baked compensation for half-space loading. In contrast, AIR-series full-range loudspeakers offer a Monitor preset that uses DSP to retune the speaker to both compensate for bass buildup and maintain a tight mid-bass response, while suppressing problematic frequencies to reduce feedback.
AIR-series full-range loudspeakers offer a choice of inputs so you can use them with a variety of sources. You get two combo XLR mic/TRS line inputs, each with a Class A microphone preamplifier and independent gain control. A stereo 1/8” connection admits signals from smartphones, tablets, and other consumer audio devices. These signals can be combined with the AIR10’s internal mixer, and a balanced XLR Mix output lets you send pass the signals to other AIR-series loudspeakers.
A sweet-sounding solution.
With their “best of both worlds” power-amp configuration, carefully programmed DSP presets, versatile mounting options, flexible inputs with onboard mixing, and other professional features, PreSonus AIR-series loudspeakers are an excellent choice for both mobile and installed sound. You’ll love their easy transportability and their affordability. But the best thing about AIR-series loudspeakers is their clear, natural, “AIR-y” sound.
- Hybrid “best of both worlds” 1,200W (dynamic) power amp configuration:
- Low-frequency driver: 500W (continuous), Class D amplifier
- High-frequency driver: 200W (continuous), Class A/B amplifier
- Maximum SPL 124 dB peak
- 1-inch, high-frequency compression driver
- 10-inch woofer with a 2-inch voice coil
- 55 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- 121 dB SPL (max)
- 90° x 60° (horizontal x vertical) dispersion pattern
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and ¼” inputs and one summed balanced output
- Easy-to-use DSP performance presets:
- DJ—music playback
- FOH—normal front-of-house o Enhance – enhanced low end for a warmer sound
- Monitor – optimized for floor wedge placement
- Speech—applications where speech intelligibility is critical
- Additional presets and controls:
- Stand—for mounting on a pole or tripod
- Bracket - for wall-mount applications
- Suspend – for suspended applications
- Multi-angle enclosure for mains or monitor-wedge applications
- Comfortable ergonomic handle
- 35 mm pole socket with 7.5˚ downward tilt
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation
- Defeatable front-panel LED
- Rugged plastic enclosure
- Tour-grade, 16 gauge steel grille
Technical SpecificationsAcoustic Performance
- Configuration Active 2-way
- Frequency Range (-3 dB) 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 55 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum Output 121 dB SPL
- Nominal Dispersion (HxV) 90˚x 60˚
- LF Driver 10” (2” voice coil)
- HF Driver 1” compression
- Amplifier Type Class D (LF), Class AB (HF)
- Total System Power 1,200W dynamic
- LF Power 500W continuous
- HF Power 200W continuous
- Inputs 2 x XLR/TRS mic/line combo; 1 x 1/8” TRS stereo
- Outputs 1 x XLR Mix Out
- DSP Features LCD screen with EQ and multiple presets
- Cabinet H-PP molded
- Grille 1.2 mm steel
- Handles 1 top
- Flypoints 2 top, 1 back
- Pole Mounting Dual position (0˚, 7.5˚)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 20.3” x 11.8” x 11.5” (516 mm x 300 mm x 291 mm)
- Weight 28.7 lbs (13 kg)
- Power Input 115V / 230V ~50/60 switchable
- Maximum Current 2.3A (230V-50 Hz), 4.6A (120V)
Presonus AIR10 Additional Information