Palmer MONICON XL Active Studio Monitor Controller
Switching between different signal sources and monitors is one of the most common tasks in any studio. Ergonomic console design and two clearly structured control levels makes the Palmer MONICON XL the perfect, intuitive nerve centre for all your requirements. Selecting audio sources and loudspeakers is convenient and at the touch of a button.
The Palmer studio monitor controller features three analog stereo inputs, one S/PDIF input and outputs for three monitor pairs, each with its own volume controller for level calibration. A further mono summed full-range output is also available for connecting either a mono monitor or a subwoofer. An exclusive highlight of the MONICON XL is its correlation meter, which displays the phase difference between a stereo signal's left and right channels. This facilitates the quick and simple discovery of mono-compatibility errors in mixes. The controller is also customisable to your personal work style.
Its fully analogue audio circuit means that the MONICON XL demonstrates absolutely no latency or signal distortion. Additional features that are a must for any studio make the device far more than simply a monitor controller. Two headphone outputs with volume controllers and main cue selector switches, a cue master controller and an on/off talkback microphone with volume control are all also included. As are a mute button and a dim button, with volume control, that instantly reduces the monitor level by a pre-set amount.
- Latency-free analogue signal path
- Level indicator L/R with +4, +10 and +18 dBu calibration options
- Correlation meter for verifying mono-compatibility
- Two headphone outputs with volume controllers and main cue selector switches
- Three analogue inputs, one S/PDIF input
- Three loudspeaker outputs with volume controllers for level calibration
- Mono summed output for subwoofer or mono monitor
- Main and cue direct outputs
- Product type
- Other Studio and Recording Equipment
- One unbalanced stereo CUE output, One unbalanced stereo MAIN output, Three controllable and balanced stereo outputs, Two stereo headphone outputs (PHONES)
- 3 + SPDIF
- Input connectors
- 3.5 mm TRS, 6.3 mm jack, RCA, SPDIF
- Input type
- balanced/unbalanced (depending on TS/TRS connection)
- Max. input level
- 20 dBu
- Input impedance
- (balanced) 10.000 Ohm(s), (unbalanced) 5.000 Ohm(s)
- 7 x stereo
- Output connectors
- TRS balanced (1 - 3), TRS unbalanced (CUE, MAIN, headphones 1 & 2)
- Output impedance
- 600 Ohm(s)
- Frequency response
- 12 - 90000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- 0.002 % (BW 20 - 20,000 Hz)
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- 102 dB (a-weighted) @ + 4 dBu
- Dynamic range (DR AES17)
- 115 dB
- Max. attenuation
- 111 dB (Attenuator + Mute), 86 dB (Attenuator)
- attenuation, Audio DIM, input selector, mono, mute, output selector, PFL source, Talkback
- Housing material
- sheet steel, wood
- Cabinet surface
- Powder coated
- 254 mm
- 84 mm
- 215 mm
- 1,512 kg
- Model Name:
- MONICON XL
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.