Pre Order the Apogee GiO from Music Matter
Availability: September 2009
Price: Approx £395 (TBA)
Apogee GiO - USB Guitar Interface and Controller for the Mac
GiO is the complete guitar interface for Apple’s new Logic Studio 9, MainStage 2 and GarageBand ’09. Combining effects control, recording functions and amazing sound quality, GiO delivers total access to incredible sounding guitar amps and effects in a single foot controller and interface.
Built for Logic Studio 9, Mainstage 2 and GarageBand '09
Designed to work with the new Logic Studio 9 and MainStage 2, GiO allows guitar players to control recording functions, preset changes and plug-ins like Amp Designer and Pedalboard, along with new Playback and Loopback features in MainStage. With GarageBand 09, GiO is truly plug-and-play and lets users quickly connect their guitar, select and control built-in Amps and stompboxes, and record.
Software Control with GiO
Stomp on it. Effects control without the mouse.
Imagine finding your sound without going back and forth from your guitar to your Mac. With GiO, you can audition effects presets in GarageBand, Logic and MainStage, and turn effects on and off while playing or recording... all without touching your keyboard.
Hands free recording.
GiO frees you from key-command recording allowing you to concentrate on your performance and not the space bar. The five transport buttons on GiO let you record, play, stop and quickly navigate thru your track without taking your hands off the neck of your guitar.
"Next" preset please.
Previous and Next preset select buttons let you quickly audition and toggle between guitar amps and effects presets in Logic and GarageBand and the patch lists in MainStage.
Inputs and Outputs with GiO
GiO’s 1/4” instrument input features Apogee’s world-class instrument preamp and converters. Hear and record your guitar’s true tone straight into Apple’s GarageBand, Logic and MainStage without compromise. GiO is optimized for all pickup configurations from the most basic single coil to sophisticated active electronics setups.
MIDI Expression pedal input
GiO’s Expression control pedal input allows access to traditional effects like wah-wah, and volume. Also, control effects parameters like the length of a delay or the speed of a tremolo. (Expression Control Pedal not included)
GiO is fully powered by the USB connection to your Mac eliminating the need for an external power source. Simply plug into an available USB port on any Mac and you’re ready to go.
Output: Headphones, monitors or instrument amplifier
Hear your guitar and recording like never before. Connect your headphones, powered monitors or instrument amplifier to Apogee converters via GiO’s 1/4” stereo output and listen to your guitar and mix with incredible clarity and dimension.
- Unbalanced 1/4” high impedance instrument input
- 1/4” MIDI Expression pedal input
- Line-level, 1/4” stereo output for headphones, powered monitors
or an instrument amplifier
- A/D and D/A conversion @ 44.1/48kHz, 24-bit
- 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color coded to match software effects
- 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
- 2 “Previous/Next” preset selection buttons
- Control built into Apple’s GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software
- Dimensions: 7" W x 18" L x 2.5" H
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel or PowerPC G5 processor
- Memory: 1 GB minimum of installed RAM, 2 GB recommended
- OS: 10.5.7 or greater
- Apple’s GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Logic Express 9
- Connection and Power: USB, powered by any available USB port on the computer
- 5 meter USB cable
- 3 meter 1/4” Stereo to Left/Right RCA cable
- Apogee Software & Documentation CD
- QuickStart Guide
10.5.7 or greater
Mac only, with an Intel or