- Additional Information
MOTU 8Pre USB Product Description
The MOTU 8pre USB 2.0 Audio Interface delivers everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit, 96kHz digital audio workstation. The 8pre provides eight microphone/instrument preamps with pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O. Expand your system by connecting additional 8pres or other MOTU audio interfaces.
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac and Windows provides 16 inputs with 8 mic preamps and 12 outputs.
- Eight XLR/TRS "combo jack" mic inputs connect up to eight mics, or mix and match mics with guitars, synths, drum machines and other analog input signals.
- Flexible analog inputs each provides a crystal-clear preamp (for both the XLR and TRS input), 24-bit 96 kHz converters, individually switchable 48-volt phantom power, 20 dB pad and front-panel trim controls. Mix and match condenser and dynamic microphones as your needs require.
- Eight channels of ADAT optical I/O provides two sets of optical connectors to provide eight channels of optical digital I/O even at high samples rates (88.2 or 96 kHz).
- Operates as an optical expander connect the 8pre to any ADAT optical compatible device (another audio interface, a digital mixer, etc.) to add 8 additional mic inputs seamlessly integrated into the mixing environment of the host device.
- Discrete ins/outs there's no channel sharing in the 8pre; the mic inputs, ADAT optical I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- CueMix DSP™ near-zero monitoring system.
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes create up to eight different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- Front-panel metering five-segment meters for all analog inputs, plus status lights for clock and interface/expander mode.
- Sample-accurate MIDI connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable add additional MOTU 8pre, UltraLite, 828, 828, 896, or Traveler interfaces for additional I/O. Or connect the 8pre optically to any audio interface or mixer that supports ADAT optical I/O.
- Separate TRS main outs and front-panel headphone jack, each with independent volume control.
- SMPTE time code sync via any analog input.
- SMPTE time code generation to any analog output.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via USB.
- 16 in / 12 out
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface
- 24-bit / 96 kHz
- Windows PC, Mac OSX
- Professional Studio Recording
- 8 Microphone Inputs
- 48v Phantom Power
- MIDI, 2 x ADAT, SMPTE
- CueMix Software
Whats In The Box
- MOTU 8 Pre USB
- USB 2.0 Cable
- AC Power Cable
- Mac OS X (10.6 or higher)
- Mac OS X (10.6 or higher)
- Width: 48.26 cm
- Height: 4.45 cm
- Depth: 17.78 cm
- Weight: 4.1 Kg
MOTU 8Pre USB Additional Information