Modal Electronics Argon8X 61-Key 8-Voice Wavetable Synthesizer
An elongated 61 key version using the same FATAR TP/9S mechanism with aftertouch, for those players who want an extended octave range.
The Argon8 bases its architecture on the Modal 002 design, based on the cutting-edge wavetable synthesizer engine. This specialised sound engine allows you to achieve a wide range of sound, from classic analog synth tones to modern-day EDM inspired tones. The Argon8 features eight voices of true polyphony, allowing you to unleash your creativity without limitations. It features a wide range of hands-on controls including a four-axis joystick and precision encoders for maximum flexibility.
It comes jam-packed with features and parameters designed to optimise your sound design process. From the two-pole morphing resonant filter to waveshaping distortion and the three user configurable stereo FX engines, you can craft virtually any sound you can dream up. From here, you can store up to 500 patches using the onboard memory slots. It comes ready with 300 factory programs and 200 user patch spaces, allowing you to upload and download patches through the free MODALapp.
- True 8 voice polyphonic
- 120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform
- sets, covering virtual analogue classics through to cutting edge EDM and
- many from the original Modal 002 as well as a whole range of mathematically
- generated tables. Additional PWM bank and 3 noise/modulation banks
- accessible on Oscillator 2
- 32 static wavetable modifiers including, de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers,
- phase shapers and rectify that can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a
- mind-boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes.
- 32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice
- 8 types of oscillator modifier including: Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod,
- Hard Sync and Windowed Sync
- Voice Drift and Width controls that help to create massive stereo
- Multiple keyboard modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2
- and Stack 4
- Inbuilt sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability
- with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- 4 Filter types. All filters types are 2 pole state-variable filters, the ‘Standard’
- filters are based on the resonant filter found in other Modal products
- (SKULPTsynthesiser, CRAFTsynth2.0). The ‘Classic’ types have a more
- rounded character and a softer resonance response.
- 8 assignable modulation slots
- 4 additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments
- 11 modulation sources
- 52 modulation destinations
- 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation
- destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- 3 dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be
- accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative
- (inverse) versions
- 2 Audio rate LFO’s with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO
- can sync to frequency divisions
- Waveshaping distortion
- 3 incredibly powerful independent and user configurable stereo FX engines
- for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary,
- Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be
- arranged in any order
- 32-step programmable arpeggiator
- Real time sequencer with 512 notes with input quantise and four recordable /
- editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator
- can be either clocked internally or externally)
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs
- 200 user patch spaces. Patch upload and download through the free
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading
- 100 FX presets
- Quick Recalls accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite
- patches. 8 slots on keyboard variants, and 4 on ARGON8M
- Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage
- Engineering specification)
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Full size quarter inch jacks for stereo audio outs, headphones and external
- control such as sustain and expression
- 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- FATAR TP/9S Full size keys with both velocity and aftertouch, 37 on the
- ARGON8 and 61 on the ARGON8X
- 1.54 inch large OLED display – that provides instant visual feedback to the
- user at all times of playing/editing
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or
- Optional MODALapp software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and
- MODALapp can also be run within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), with
- VST3 and AU versions available
- Power: DC-9.0V - 1.5A centre-positive
- Model Name:
- Modal Electronics
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Sage Pay
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.