Kurzweil PC4 Performance Controller
The Kurzweil PC4 – Performance Controller. Explore::Create::Perform
SOUNDS 256 Voices of V.A.S.T. Polyphony! More polyphony from our acclaimed V.A.S.T. engine than any product in Kurzweil history!
2 Gigabytes of Factory Sounds! Over 1000 hand-selected factory presets organized into 13 categories of Programs and featuring our optimized German 9 ft. and vintage Japanese 7 ft. concert grand pianos (with “KSR” – Kurzweil String Resonance). Also included are a wide selection of tailored sounds from the acclaimed Forte® (EP, Clav, Celeste, Crotales, Harpsichord), as well as PC3 Series and KORE 64™ expansions – all handcrafted to deliver unprecedented expressiveness with an obsessive attention to detail.
Patented FlashPlay® Technology Flash-Play® provides the PC4 with a staggering amount of horse-power; 2 GB sample content with zero-loading time, and ultrafast performance.
2 Gigabytes User Sample Memory Load up to 2 GB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
V.A.S.T. Editing Deep native editing? Look no further. The PC4 grants full access to Kurzweil’s legendary Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology directly from the front panel. With 32-layers per program, each offering its own signal path and a host of modular DSP tools, the PC4 offers a wealth of sound creation and modification that is truly immense.
6-Operator FM Engine 6 Operator FM Engine with the ability to load original FM SysEx files.
CC Sequencers Add sonic animation to your sounds via 16 simultaneous MIDI CC Step Sequencers for modulation sequencing.
KB3 ToneReal™ Organs Modeled after classic organs. A full compliment of tonewheel controls are immediately accessible including 9 realistic drawbars, rotary speed, chorus/vibrato, brake, percussion and more.
Powerful FX Engine Award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more – all fully editable from the user-interface. The PC4 also offers a global Master FX section featuring 3-band EQ and Compression.
K.S.R. – Kurzweil String Resonance Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance!
PERFORMANCE 88-Note Hammer-Action Keyboard Every sound within the PC4 is perfectly matched to its 88-note fully-weighted hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch.
16-Zone Multi Controller Mode Construct massive sonic combinations via Kurzweil’s renowned Multi mode (aka Setup mode) offering 16 zones of unparalleled MIDI controller capabilities.
16-Track Sequencer The PC4 features a 16-track internal sequencer to record/edit/mix/produce your own tracks – all in the box. Import MIDI (.mid) files as well as Kurzweil PC3-family songs.
16 Simultaneous RIFF Generators Trigger and manipulate up to 16 simultaneous MIDI sequences on the fly. Select from an internal library of patterns or record/import your own!
16 Simultaneous Note Arpeggiators Looking for a pulse? Activate up to 16 independent Arps (1 per program, 16 per Multi) and discover the new ‘Step Sequencer’ environment!
Live Audio Input w/ FX Plug in and jam along with your favorite music player via 1/4″ pair and/or 1/8″ (3.5mm) audio input. The input bus sports its own dedicated real-time FX. Sweeten your backing tracks for live performance and internally mix the signal with the PC4’s own output.
CONTROLS Front Panel Master Transport Controls Use the buttons in the TRANSPORT section to control recording and playback of the on-board 16-track sequencer.
36 Programmable Physical Controllers 9 Sliders, 9 Knobs, 10 Switches, 2 Wheels, 2 Switch Pedal Inputs (which support half-damper for pianos), 2 Continuous Control Pedal Inputs, Aftertouch and Ribbon controller input.
- 1 sustain/switch pedal is included; half-damper pedal sold separately ribbon controller sold separately.
Easy Access Transpose Controls Dedicated -/+ transpose controls conveniently located right above the LED backlit pitch/modulation wheels (LED lights can be disabled).
USER INTERFACE Widescreen Color Display Navigate the PC4 with a 4.3” 480×272 widescreen color LCD display.
Categorized Sound Selection Easy Category and Program/Multi selection featuring customizable category defaults.
- RPHA: Real Piano Hammer Action / 88-note, fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive adjustable keys
- Display: 480 x 272 pixel high resolution color LCD with adjustable brightness
- Polyphony: 256 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Architecture: Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- 6-Operator FM Engine
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil’s VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program – up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Sample Flash Memory: 2 GB of re-loadable, non-volatile, user flash memory
- Factory Programs: 1000+
- User Programs: 4096
- Factory Multis: 50+ – featuring up to 16 independent zones
- User Multis: 4096
- General MIDI: No
- Kurzweil String Resonance: Yes
- Master EQ/Compressor: Yes
- Effects: Over 1000 complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects – reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- 32 total FX units
- Controllers: 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 9 front panel sliders
- 9 Knobs
- 9 switches (assignable/zone mutes/KB3 control)
- 1 variation switch
- Tempo Controls w/ tap tempo
- 2 transpose switches
- Arp Controls
- Transport Controls
- *2 switch pedal inputs each supporting single switch pedal or single half damper pedal (1 switch/sustain pedal is included; half-damper pedals sold separately)
- 2 continuous control pedal inputs
- monopressure (aftertouch)
- Ribbon input (ribbon controller sold separately)
- Sequencer: 16 Tracks; 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more.
- MIDI CC Step Sequencers: 16 simultaneous
- RIFFs: 16-per Multi
- Arpeggiators: 1-per Program, 16-per Multi
- Analog Outputs: Four (2 pairs) 1/4″ balanced TRS analog (32-bit DACs)
- Automatic mono switching on main outs
- +21dBu maximum output
- 50Ω balanced source impedance
- Audio Inputs: Two 1/4″ inputs
- One stereo 1/8″ input (each with FX) for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- Headphones: 1 back panel 1/4″ headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file backup via USB drive
- Operating System updates via USB drive
- Software Editors: External editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS devices
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates via USB drive
- Included Accessories: Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable
- Height: 6.5″ (16.51 cm)
- Depth: 14.75″ (37.46 cm)
- Length: 51.25″ (130.18 cm)
- Weight: 28.7 lb (13.01 kg)
- Power: External 15VDC 2.5A Power Supply
Whats In The Box
- Power cable
- Switch pedal
- USB cable
- Model Name:
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.